[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

4 minutes ago, TheBrockStar said:

Yes barely, but Poolman is never going to play again, so that is still 2.5m in salary relief.

Assuming we do somehow find ourselves under the cap (ie. without needing LTIR space), do we get to accrue cap space and not have to bump ELC bonuses to next year? (edit - assuming we are able to accrue enough to deal with bonuses, of course)

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Why not hold on a bit longer and see if he value goes up closer to the deadline? What's in the works that we need cap right now?

Because Canucks need space to make a trade work. They'll clearly a playoff team this year why wait to try to fix the RHd problem? We were never getting more than at most a 3rd And that if he played in the top six and scored a lot more than he is. Was chance not worth taking. They at least need Bear or I'm hoping something else in the works 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Ms Bedard really taking one for our team.

I can't believe this off the cuff, nonsense twitter rumour is going to seriously damage the lives of two entire families. 

2023 is a wild (read: horrible) time to be alive. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Why not??? Perry is gone... Bedard is the next big thing 

Chicago has not finished dealing with the lawsuits related to their old video coach; and whatever is going on with Perry will eventually become public.

No longer a 'golden" franchise of yearly contenders, the muck will stick.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Wow. Makes me wonder if something else is happening. Bear signing in coming? Perhaps Edler coming back for a last ride?

Bear isn't supposed to be ready till Late December. I'm hoping its another trade and they can send a player and pick for a bigger name RHD of course. Maybe they can make a Bear signing work when they're sure he's ready, he needs nhl practices before it should even be considered 

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:48 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

I tend to agree that Beau is basically valueless at this point.

If they need $$$ for Bear immediately I'd consider retaining & giving him away for like a 7th.

This was what I said a week ago, so to get a 5th back & move the full salary is a big win in my books.

Could be a good move for Chicago too. If he gets back to scoring he could return a better pick 50% retain at the deadline (like we originally hoped).

Win - win, nice move. Ethan Bear coming back soon? We need him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1