[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

16 hours ago, 43isprime said:

I can think of only two sensible ways to interpret "...we actually got three first rounders back here":

1. He truly believed he got the equivalent of three first round picks, and was wildly wrong in his evaluation of Beauvillier.

2. He was being dishonest.

The alternative, which is the round-about way of somehow saying Beauvillier was technically a first round pick (8 years ago no less) and Raty *should have* gone in the first round, would be too strange to believe.

Frankly, the best of these options is the second. All other alternatives would be incredibly worrisome.

Hronek wasn't part of the trade and doesn't figure into his quote, which was made right after the Horvat trade.

3. He was pumping Beau's tires from the get go to try and increase his trade value. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Ribs unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, stawns said:

and next year is a $2m dead cap hit for OEL and then 2 years of almost $5m, then 4 more years of $2m, so that all has to be factored in as well

That is the time I bet they planned to have d men on ELC contracts that would have been more effective than OEL at that time with Far More upside too

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

If Chicago needed a forward, I’m surprised they didn’t sign Kessel instead of giving up a pick for Beau. He would have been cheaper too. 

Kessel will likely need some conditioning time before he can step into the line-up. They want someone to play on Bedard's wing right now as they don't want to have their franchise corner stone playing with plugs.

There is also a possibility that Kessel has no interest in signing with a rebuilding team as Kessel might want to go to a team with another shot to win the cup.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Beau didn't play for Chicago in their game tonight.  I couldn't find a reason why.  Being scratched already?

Visa issues. He played his game in Canada but needs to get the Visa issues straightened out to play in Merica.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1