[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

• Jess pinned, unpinned and featured this topic
Just now, Jester13 said:

Seriously damage? If it isn't true, they'll be just fine. 

sure, but the narrative will be out there and they'll be hounded by it constantly both privately and publicly. how many times do you think a person can say "no, its not true" before it starts getting to them?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Well they did trade for Bear last year so we know they like him. 

He served a purpose last year, these guys don't get players because they like him, they usually fill a NEED for the team. Bear is redundant now.

• Haha 1

• Jess unfeatured this topic
7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Bear isn't supposed to be ready till Late December. I'm hoping its another trade and they can send a player and pick for a bigger name RHD of course. Maybe they can make a Bear signing work when they're sure he's ready, he needs nhl practices before it should even be considered 

Fair enough. I forgot he wasn't going to be ready till after xmas. Guess I thought he was ahead of schedule.

• Jess changed the title to [Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 5th round pick
  • Jess featured this topic
2 minutes ago, tas said:

sure, but the narrative will be out there and they'll be hounded by it constantly both privately and publicly. how many times do you think a person can say "no, its not true" before it starts getting to them?

Eventually the truth will likely come out as Perry's situation gets resolved. They can't keep it a secret forever.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

He served a purpose last year, these guys don't get players because they like him, they usually fill a NEED for the team. Bear is redundant now.

One RD is all we need?  
He is no way redundant. 

He is better than any RD we have not named Hronek. 
Frankly Cole-Bear is potentially the best second pairing we have had in some time. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

Fair enough. I forgot he wasn't going to be ready till after xmas. Guess I thought he was ahead of schedule.

I think he still ends up here in the end, his skating looked good but he's still not taking any contact to my knowledge, he's a def a good option if they can't land anyone else

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I think he still ends up here in the end, his skating looked good but he's still not taking any contact to my knowledge, he's a def a good option if they can't land anyone else

He may need a conditioning stint in Abbotsford to get him up to speed too.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Tomorrow I can see…

”The Vancouver Canucks are excited to announced the signing of Ethan Bear and Phil Kessel for a combined $4 million cap hit”

God I hope not.

Im fine with both those players but at replacement level contracts. 

Both of them have been out too long. Can’t expect them to be anything more than depth guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1