[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

One RD is all we need?  
He is no way redundant. 

He is better than any RD we have not named Hronek. 
Frankly Cole-Bear is potentially the best second pairing we have had in some time. 

Bear is not a top 4 dman, we have enough 5,6,7,8.9,10 dmen already. :classic_biggrin:

We have to stop being OK with mediocrity, we need to build this team right and not just put band aids on everything,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I love Correy Perry

Blackhawks needed to replace him with a guy who can play in top 6 and Beauvillier was there for next to nothing..

If Correy Perry didn't waive this trade wouldn't have happened. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bear is not a top 4 dman, we have enough 5,6,7,8.9,10 dmen already. :classic_biggrin:

We have to stop being OK with mediocrity, we need to build this team right and not just put band aids on everything,

I'm with you on this, especially with Bear coming off injury and being out for so long. Not sure Allvin agrees with us.

29 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Why not hold on a bit longer and see if he value goes up closer to the deadline? What's in the works that we need cap right now?

Roster crunch when Suter comes back.  With Aman and Hoglander past the waiver limit, there wasn't an easy body to send down

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Is this actually real? if so they fucked up. putting 

beau up with Miller and Brock was the way to make him valuable.

I mean I love the cap space. But this does not seam like a real thing? if its all legit I am greatfully happy with the cap space

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I for one am not a fan of Bear. I don’t think he brings in what Vancouver needs. He isn’t the strongest on the puck. Need guys with some nastiness to their game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on this, especially with Bear coming off injury and being out for so long. Not sure Allvin agrees with us.

I am just looking at the playoffs and what we are going to need to stay healthy. Bear to me seems like a fill in and not a regular, especially in the top 4. We have been acquiring key pieces and not band aid fixes. 

He fits the age bracket, but that is about it.