[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

I for one am not a fan of Bear. I don’t think he brings in what Vancouver needs. He isn’t the strongest on the puck. Need guys with some nastiness to their game. 

I love Bear. expexially at qurter the cost of Beuax  we need some meatheads with knuckles for days

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

God I hope not.

Im fine with both those players but at replacement level contracts. 

Both of them have been out too long. Can’t expect them to be anything more than depth guys.

I agree… but they like players they know.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am just looking at the playoffs and what we are going to need to stay healthy. Bear to me seems like a fill in and not a regular, especially in the top 4. We have been acquiring key pieces and not band aid fixes. 

He fits the age bracket, but that is about it.

Agree with you Edgar.  If they want to go all in this year they will need a bigger piece...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

I for one am not a fan of Bear. I don’t think he brings in what Vancouver needs. He isn’t the strongest on the puck. Need guys with some nastiness to their game. 

I thought he was a better version of Stecher tbh.

Is he a saviour? Definitely not. Would he be a huge upgrade on our current situation? Its not even a question.

If you can sign Ethan Bear you do it yesterday, your not getting a legit 4/5D any easier than you are by signing him for pretty cheap & with no assets going out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I do not think we really need Bear to shore up our D.  Let see how McWard play tonight and if he's capable D as 5/6 then we can afford to wait until Soucy comes back and use cap space to acquire something at the TDL without giving up extra asset at the deadlines..  There is no time to panic and rush any free agent signing and regret it later.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I think we knew this for awhile, all the buzz has been that this management covets Zadorov.

This idea concerns me thought tbh, the word is Calgary doesn't want to trade him here (meaning it will require an overpayment) and I'm not sold Zadorov is a legit top 4D you can rely on.

Really hoping they don't move good assets like Hoglander/1st/2nd/top prospects for Zadorov.

Been watching him closely this year, hes pretty solid and an intimidating force when hes one the ice.  I agree with you though, if they want to go down that path they better not overpay.  Calgary will be asking for a premium in light of the fact that they look more competitive right now and he would be going to a rival.

Maybe they can engineer a 3 way trade like the old days where a team from out east trades for him and then the Canucks get him from the middle man.

• ThereItIs 1