[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

Just now, coolboarder said:

I do not think we really need Bear to shore up our D.  Let see how McWard play tonight and if he's capable D as 5/6 then we can afford to wait until Soucy comes back and use cap space to acquire something at the TDL without giving up extra asset at the deadlines..  There is no time to panic and rush any free agent signing and regret it later.

now i knows what the Qwat emogi means

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I thought he was a better version of Stecher tbh.

Is he a saviour? Definitely not. Would he be a huge upgrade on our current situation? Its not even a question.

If you can sign Ethan Bear you do it yesterday, your not getting a legit 4/5D any easier than you are by signing him for pretty cheap & with no assets going out. 

Yep.  100%.  

Unless we’re trading for a long term piece, I’d rather us not spend significant assets to fill this cap space. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Does it? I'm pretty happy with the cap allocation he's done.

Have we had cap space since he got here? Harmonic trade, traded for Dermott. Got space again (can't remember how) and then signed Mik, which I'm okay with, i like Mik, but a little patience can open up opportunities to get better players. Bear isn't as good as some think, and he's been off injured for a long time now. But, if he signed for 1 or 1.5mill, then I won't be disappointed. Over 2m and I hope Allvin passes and remains patient.

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Devron said:

Good now hopefully Kuzy takes off here 

Yeah I really hope so.  Good players are consistent. .  Kuzmenko needs to be consistent on a game to game basis.  He needs to be consistent and more than just a player who scores an important goal every now and then.  That’s what Tocchett is training him for and I’m glad the message is being sent.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think we knew this for awhile, all the buzz has been that this management covets Zadorov.

This idea concerns me though, the word is Calgary doesn't want to trade him here (meaning it will require an overpayment) and I'm not sold Zadorov is a legit top 4D you can rely on.

Really hoping they don't move good assets like Hoglander/1st/2nd/top prospects for Zadorov.

You sound like you have PBST. Allvin isn’t the dough head that Benning was. If he traded for Zadorov it will be only at a fair cost. Benning, the dough head (who always overpaid for craperolla) is gone. Look at what Allvin just got for Beau! No retention and a pick back. Trust in the greatness of Allvin. He’s like Gillis smart. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yep.  100%.  

Unless we’re trading for a long term piece, I’d rather us not spend significant assets to fill this cap space. 

This cap space will be filled pretty quickly. Long term or short term we don't know.. 

But JR has a history of making lots of trades and tweaking the roster until he has it how he wants it..

I expect something to happen pretty quick.. maybe couple of weeks max..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Have we had cap space since he got here? Harmonic trade, traded for Dermott. Got space again (can't remember how) and then signed Mik, which I'm okay with, i like Mik, but a little patience can open up opportunities to get better players. Bear isn't as good as some think, and he's been off injured for a long time now. But, if he signed for 1 or 1.5mill, then I won't be disappointed. Over 2m and I hope Allvin passes and remains patient.

A healthy Mik is such a good addition tho. 

I hear you, I'd like to see a legit top 4 d but the cost might be prohibitive.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I agree and I bet they are a few steps ahead and have already talked to other teams already.

yeah and in light of their work so far I am really starting to trust their judgement.  I find it hard to believe they will overpay for anyone after what we have seen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Allvin is going to use the newly acquired cap room to fit in a legitimate top 4 D. I like Bear, but I think he’s not the size of fish Allvin is searching for on D. 

That would be ideal. I like Bear as a consolation prize since he costs no assets to get.