[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Wow, the cost of cap space...

I think this means:

#1, we're going to sign Bear

#2, Aman is now full-time Canucks, he's not going back to AHL.

Guess they figured more cap flexibility was better than retaining and getting a higher pick.

Dumping the cap is worth a lot. Not too sure a third has really a lot more value than a fifth to us, considering how we are on the cusp of being a Cup competitive club. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Wait wait...Allvin said we received theequivalent of "3 first round picks" in the Horvat trade. Is Raty worth 2 firsts? 🤣🤣🤣

Even though he wasn't a direct piece in the trade, Hronek is worth 2 firsts the way he's playing

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

According to Capfriendly the condition is the Canucks get the better of Chicago's two 5th round picks, they had two 5th rounders. Toronto gets the lower of Chicago's two 5th round picks and we get the higher of the two. It sounds very convoluted. Lol. I am guessing the pick we got is only conditional cause Chicago's other 5th rounder they  previously traded had a condition.

Non of this matters, we got rid of 4mil in cap... we dont need anything in return!

What’s with all the Bear love? No thank you. Seen what he can do, and it’s not worth holding out for. 
I’m fine with holding the cap space for a while rather than spending to the max as soon as we have a bit of relief. Injuries will keep hitting the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Wow. Makes me wonder if something else is happening. Bear signing in coming? Perhaps Edler coming back for a last ride?

It better be. Now we just lost the guy who plugged into our first line. 

Beau will light it up with Dickenson and Bedard.

Thinking not much will happen other than the cap space which is honestly worth its weight in gold.  Not just for this season but beyond.  I could see Bear being picked up but I don't think he will move the needle much for this team.  We're really begging for a young player to come out of the woodwork and surprise on the cheap (McWard, is that you?)

• Cheers 1