[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

What’s with all the Bear love? No thank you. Seen what he can do, and it’s not worth holding out for. 
I’m fine with holding the cap space for a while rather than spending to the max as soon as we have a bit of relief. Injuries will keep hitting the team.

He was obviously not a top line defenseman but he was being played as one last year. 

Bear is as good of a RHD that you can get for no cost

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

I for one am not a fan of Bear. I don’t think he brings in what Vancouver needs. He isn’t the strongest on the puck. Need guys with some nastiness to their game. 

I think he is better than at least 1 dman on the ice so far, and for that reason I would hire him, I actually like him for 5th/6th D.

Just now, Provost said:

I mean… except that we are cap compliant, and well under our LTIR overage by almost $6 million right now.

Kuzmenko never came off the cap so you don’t have to add him in again as he is already counted.

We can activate Soucy (which is apparently a long way away), add Zadorov, and still have cap space to spare.

You don’t have to waive Aman, we have 8D up right now, most of whom can be sent down to make room for Zadorov.

Is big Z the guy Allvin is after? Sure would be nice to have three legitimate top four D to roll out. 

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Thinking not much will happen other than the cap space which is honestly worth its weight in gold.  Not just for this season but beyond.  I could see Bear being picked up but I don't think he will move the needle much for this team.  We're really begging for a young player to come out of the woodwork and surprise on the cheap (McWard, is that you?)

Beauvillier is UFA at end of season.. so his cap hit was just for this season. 

Very valuable 4 mill cap saved. Needed Beau or Garland traded. It was just a matter of time. 

Thanks to Correy Perry it happened sooner than later.. and we didn't have to pay someone to take the cap off our hands. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

This cap space will be filled pretty quickly. Long term or short term we don't know.. 

But JR has a history of making lots of trades and tweaking the roster until he has it how he wants it..

I expect something to happen pretty quick.. maybe couple of weeks max..

Yeah, I don’t think they made the trade just to save Aqualini some money. 

but some trades (Zadorov) don’t make that much sense.  Why not just try and fill that in FA especially when we have a solid 2LD in Cole already doing the job. 

Id rather see a big Hronek-like swing or sticking to the bargain bin with moves like Lafferty, Bear, etc.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I mean… except that we are cap compliant, and well under our LTIR overage by almost $6 million right now.

Kuzmenko never came off the cap so you don’t have to add him in again as he is already counted.

We can activate Soucy (which is apparently a long way away), add Zadorov, and still have cap space to spare.

You don’t have to waive Aman, we have 8D up right now, most of whom can be sent down to make room for Zadorov.

glad you are the cap lawyer.

Im just a guy who does math and stuptd shit

Just now, Alflives said:

Is big Z the guy Allvin is after? Sure would be nice to have three legitimate top four D to roll out. 

It would be nice to think so… at least something better than Bear.

I had even mentioned a Ristolainen+Laughton trade last week as a risky big swing move.  There are a few guys who are fairly decent upgrades.  There could be someone off the board.  

This cap space makes a LOT of moves possible.  

• Vintage 1