[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

58 minutes ago, Ladyluck said:

Way to jump to conclusions based on a single statement and start personal attacks. Whatever. 

Way to take ownership of having pissed all over an otherwise celebratory PGT by claiming a player was out for the season. Grow up and admit you made a mistake maybe?

• Thanks 1

Just was on the old board ( surprised that it’s still up) reading through pages of the Brock Boeser player thread. I’m glad the kid is making a lot of people eat their words so far.  I think he’s always been able to process the game like a top line winger. Even in his worst days he was making smart plays assisting on goals. The extra physical dimension he’s added to his game this year, the board work, decent amount of hitting, back checking, and being reliable defensively are attributes that have pushed him into the next level. Seems like a good chunk of his goals have come from the dirty areas around the net- not bad for a supposed floater.   I don’t know if he can keep this pace up but 40 certainly doesn’t look out of the question.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers makes mistakes, but also makes good plays. Having a defense composed of Hughes, Hronek, Soucy, Myers, Cole, and Zadorov would be a hard one to stare down in the playoffs. 

I figured Myers would look a lot better this year with all the changes, but he has exceeded my expectations.  Still has the odd stretch of bad reads, but so does most every player.  I’m glad Tocc likes him - he should.

When the team is covering their assignments and not trying to do someone else’s job in the D zone these big athletic d men thrive. Adding a Zadorov would look good.  As much as I love Tanev, I am not sure he’d be as effective as Zad for us given the way the D are playing. Either would be great though if we aren’t talking cost.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mikeyman109 said:

The power play hasn’t been the same. We win but it could have been easier. Love to see the PP get it going again. Maybe get Miller into the bumper slot. But a win is a wi. Take the two points and get ready for the Knights. 

100%! They need to get Miller back to threatening his downhill wrister from off the left wall.  That was killer early in the season and they seem to have gone away from it completely.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers makes mistakes, but also makes good plays. Having a defense composed of Hughes, Hronek, Soucy, Myers, Cole, and Zadorov would be a hard one to stare down in the playoffs. 

Look how much the team misses Soucy. The D is leaps and bounds better with him on it.. 

now imagine having Soucy back and adding Zadorov 

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers 

OR

Hughes Cole

Zadorov Hronek

Soucy Myers 

That would be hard D to play against..

Tocchet could switch up the top 2 pairings around depending on game situations and what he needs at any given moment

We need to trade for Zadorov 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Myers is too old to change.   He'll be gone soon enough!

Don't count on it. Depending on what he sees in FA, I could see Myers signing here for two more years at 2m per. RHDs are almost impossible to acquire, meaning teams overpay for them in trade or FA, so you must develop them from within. Currently, our top available RHD prospect is Jett Woo, who I hope gets a look one of these days to see what we have. Is he a fringe NHLer, is he a 6-7, or could he work out to a 5-6 guy? I doubt at the NHL level he's better than bottom pairing, but I'd like to be surprised. A two-year deal for Myers would allow Willander and or Brzustewicz, currently the top two RHDs in the system to further develop. Neither will be ready next season. Word is that while Brzustewicz is a great puck mover, his defense needs work. Willander has been a defenseman for just a few years, so while a great skater, he also needs time to cook. Myers will more likely than not be playing second or third pairing for the Canucks for the foreseeable future. I expect to see Bear back in a Canucks Jersey in the new year, but that doesn't mean the Myers isn't needed. We'll see less of Juulsen, who I thought was pretty good tonight, and it'll allow Friedman to play in Abby.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2