[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

24 minutes ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

I figured Myers would look a lot better this year with all the changes, but he has exceeded my expectations.  Still has the odd stretch of bad reads, but so does most every player.  I’m glad Tocc likes him - he should.

When the team is covering their assignments and not trying to do someone else’s job in the D zone these big athletic d men thrive. Adding a Zadorov would look good.  As much as I love Tanev, I am not sure he’d be as effective as Zad for us given the way the D are playing. Either would be great though if we aren’t talking cost.

I’m worried Tanev will get injured a lot and is getting old - speaking of age how old is Zad?

Nice win after a tough result on the weekend.  Only watched the 3rd period, but heard that the team got stronger as the game went on.  I am glad they won the 3rd period tonight after three 3rd period setbacks in the last 2 weeks going in tied.  

With the parity in the league, it seems that each game will now require A LOT of effort to be successful now - whether it is Seattle, Dallas or Anaheim -  SJ even beat the Caps last night. With some upcoming contenders like Vegas, NJ, Carolina, Tampa .(even the improved Flames) coming up, it is going to take an even greater team effort to knock off those teams

Just hope the coaching staff paces the practices accordingly so the players have lots of the energy left for the games - seems games will be every other night.  Great effort tonight guys - rest up a tough one with Vegas on Thursday.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

People don't realize how important Suter and Soucy are to this team. Its night and day without those guys

I agree, the third line is not nearly as dangerous without Suter in the middle. I thought the fourth line was much better than the third and that's with Aman in the middle. I think we let Teddy walk after this season, Aman is a remarkable 200 for player even at this early stage of his career. 

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan

3 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Nice win after a tough result on the weekend.  Only watched the 3rd period, but heard that the team got stronger as the game went on.  I am glad they won the 3rd period tonight after three 3rd period setbacks in the last 2 weeks going in tied.  

With the parity in the league, it seems that each game will now require A LOT of effort to be successful now - whether it is Seattle, Dallas or Anaheim -  SJ even beat the Caps last night. With some upcoming contenders like Vegas, NJ, Carolina, Tampa .(even the improved Flames) coming up, it is going to take an even greater team effort to knock off those teams

Just hope the coaching staff paces the practices accordingly so the players have lots of the energy left for the games - seems games will be every other night.  Great effort tonight guys - rest up a tough one with Vegas on Thursday.

Just Win.jpg

Seems like every team struggling find their groove after beating Vancouver? Leafs, Flames, and Sharks.