[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Man, remember when people wanted to trade Boeser for a bag of pucks and a ham sandwich? Nice to see him make some of the clowns eat their words. 

Also shows how astute this new management group is at judging talent. Re-signed Boeser and he’s playing better than his cap allocation. Re-signed Miller and he’s better than his cap. Dumped Fat Wallet, who is struggling on the Island. Very smart management. Gillis smart. Nice to have again after the Benning era. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Also shows how astute this new management group is at judging talent. Re-signed Boeser and he’s playing better than his cap allocation. Re-signed Miller and he’s better than his cap. Dumped Fat Wallet, who is struggling on the Island. Very smart management. Gillis smart. Nice to have again after the Benning era. 

To be fair to Bo, he's doing alright. 15 points in 20 games is right around his career average. He's overpaid by about 2 mill per season, but he's not performing badly. 

• Upvote 2

Brock’s start to this season is best case scenario for us. His trade value will never be higher and in my opinion he is still a 6-7 million dollar player max. He can score all the empty net, tap ins he wants but he creates absolutely ZERO on his own. All the power to him for having the goal scoring start he’s having, but if we don’t move him now it’s a big mistake. 

Edited by Cuzzizzle
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Don't count on it. Depending on what he sees in FA, I could see Myers signing here for two more years at 2m per. RHDs are almost impossible to acquire, meaning teams overpay for them in trade or FA, so you must develop them from within. Currently, our top available RHD prospect is Jett Woo, who I hope gets a look one of these days to see what we have. Is he a fringe NHLer, is he a 6-7, or could he work out to a 5-6 guy? I doubt at the NHL level he's better than bottom pairing, but I'd like to be surprised. A two-year deal for Myers would allow Willander and or Brzustewicz, currently the top two RHDs in the system to further develop. Neither will be ready next season. Word is that while Brzustewicz is a great puck mover, his defense needs work. Willander has been a defenseman for just a few years, so while a great skater, he also needs time to cook. Myers will more likely than not be playing second or third pairing for the Canucks for the foreseeable future. I expect to see Bear back in a Canucks Jersey in the new year, but that doesn't mean the Myers isn't needed. We'll see less of Juulsen, who I thought was pretty good tonight, and it'll allow Friedman to play in Abby.

5 hours ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

I figured Myers would look a lot better this year with all the changes, but he has exceeded my expectations.  Still has the odd stretch of bad reads, but so does most every player.  I’m glad Tocc likes him - he should.

When the team is covering their assignments and not trying to do someone else’s job in the D zone these big athletic d men thrive. Adding a Zadorov would look good.  As much as I love Tanev, I am not sure he’d be as effective as Zad for us given the way the D are playing. Either would be great though if we aren’t talking cost.

Does our loving endearment term of "Chaos Giraffe" still apply to Myers?!?!?!? IMO, he has looked better as a 2nd/3rd pairing guy for us; And looks alright on the 2nd PP and PK unit. If we indeed can get him at a tolerably reduced rate, then I say let's! As mentioned above, RHD's are hard to come by and with Myers (if we keep him....) we have one we're familiar with who enhances much needed heavyweight to our roster for success in the playoffs. As for the above mentioned Canuck prospects......

I don't think we'll see any of them anytime soon in the NHL. A healthy Wolanin and Bris would be the 1st call ups over Woo and such. I believe there may be a slim chance that Woo gets a look. But slim it will be.

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Look how much the team misses Soucy. The D is leaps and bounds better with him on it.. 

now imagine having Soucy back and adding Zadorov 

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers 

OR

Hughes Cole

Zadorov Hronek

Soucy Myers 

That would be hard D to play against..

Tocchet could switch up the top 2 pairings around depending on game situations and what he needs at any given moment

We need to trade for Zadorov 

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Man if we get a monster like Zadorov and get Soucy back this team will be scary good.. 

Say what you will about Myers

But having 3 trees like Meyers Soucy and Zadorov would make this team a contender if they're put in the right matchups. It's hard playing against 6'6 guys. They cover so much ice. 

Hearing that the Flames snuffed out any trades to division rivals kinda' makes acquiring Zadorov difficult at this point. I know we just offloaded Beau to alleviate cap, but really.....who knows what else will happen going forward. Are we a major player in the Zadorov sweepstakes? Perhaps, but I believe we should wait and see. My guess is he's gonna end up in an eastern division team, but?!?!?!???

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Everyone calm the fuck down. 

😆

Ahhhh......the passionate Canucks fanbase...gotta love 'em!

Go Canucks Go!

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

15 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Brock’s start to this season is best case scenario for us. His trade value will never be higher and in my opinion he is still a 6-7 million dollar player max. He can score all the empty net, tap ins he wants but he creates absolutely ZERO on his own. All the power to him for having the goal scoring start he’s having, but if we don’t move him now it’s a big mistake. 

Brock leads the league is goals. Our coach trusts Brock’s defensive play by putting him on the ice to hold a lead while the other club pulls their goalie. 
If you can remember Rick Middleton, that’s who Boeser is playing like. Very unlikely we trade away Brock. He’s a great player. We need great players. Those are the guys who make the difference. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock leads the league is goals. Our coach trusts Brock’s defensive play by putting him on the ice to hold a lead while the other club pulls their goalie. 
If you can remember Rick Middleton, that’s who Boeser is playing like. Very unlikely we trade away Brock. He’s a great player. We need great players. Those are the guys who make the difference. 

Please dont do this..  brock is having a very nice start to the year and should be commended of course..  he does not drive play and is benefiting greatly by playing with miller who arguably is playing as well as anyone in the league right now…. I am old enough to have watched middleton.  He played for team canada.  Boeser is doing nicely but…

• Cheers 1

Just now, Cocanuck said:

Please dont do this..  brock is having a very nice start to the year and should be commended of course..  he does not drive play and is benefiting greatly by playing with miller who arguably is playing as well as anyone in the league right now…. I am old enough to have watched middleton.  He played for team canada.  Boeser is doing nicely but…

Brock does drive play. He’s great in board battles. He’s great possessing the puck. Like I pointed out already, Brock plays a lot like Rick Middleton. We will sign Brock to another, and longer term, contract. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

At times this team looks really well coached, at times they look lazy and disinterested. 
This game encapsulated both of those. 

Tocc has asked them to grind it out and find ways to win when they are not at their best which is what they did tonight.

But, they just got some rest and practice and we’re playing a bad team at home.
There is no reason they shouldn’t have been at their best and they just weren’t. 

I hope this Myers experiment ends soon. My god he just looks for the worst times to take lazy penalties. 

I have mixed feelings about this game and where this team is. Let’s see what they do with the cap space because they still really need to fix the right D. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock is not a great player. He is extremely one dimensional. He is slow, he is soft, he isn’t a good playmaker, he doesn’t think at a high level. Obviously he can score goals and he’s having a great start to the year in that department, but the people comparing him to kucherov or parnarin just because he currently leads the league in goals are out to lunch. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Brock is not a great player. He is extremely one dimensional. He is slow, he is soft, he isn’t a good playmaker, he doesn’t think at a high level. Obviously he can score goals and he’s having a great start to the year in that department, but the people comparing him to kucherov or parnarin just because he currently leads the league in goals are out to lunch. 

Okay, I think the truth is in the middle there. 
‘That sounds like how I would describe Brock last year. This year he is mostly engaged, is a strong possession player that has been very good on the wall and looks quicker if not necessarily faster top end speed.  Sure at times he still acts like a goal scorer and flinches from a shot or peels away early but that has become the exception not the rule this season. 
Is he a Kucherov or Panarin level player, no but nobody seriously believes that. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Brock is not a great player. He is extremely one dimensional. He is slow, he is soft, he isn’t a good playmaker, he doesn’t think at a high level.

That difference this year is that he goes into the dirty areas more. He has improved his offensive awareness, so he is showing that he can think at a high level.

He's got good size with knack for finding the back of the net. 

I am seeing improvemnet all over in his game. 

Is he a great player? maybe not....but I think he it turning into a very good one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm kinda getting annoyed with Tocc and his refusal to promote Hogs. Hogs should be on either a line with Miller and Bows, or on a line with Petey and Kuz.

I like PDG, but he is not a 2nd line player and really hinders the Miller line in the offensive zone with his lack of offensive talent. Hogs plays just as hard as PDG, and retrieves pucks better than anyone on our team, plus he has the skills to play with the high end offensive players, it's really time to give it a try.

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

To be fair to Bo, he's doing alright. 15 points in 20 games is right around his career average. He's overpaid by about 2 mill per season, but he's not performing badly. 

I think performance is relative to cap hit though. 

We're happy with Boeser but if he was making 3.5m last year, we would have been happy with him then too...

If horvat is overpaid by about 2m, that means he's underperforming relative to his contract. Ofcourse that's on Lou not Bo though. I don't recall a player who denied money that was offered and asked for less except maybe Gretzky in the Bruce Mcnall era.

11 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

We were the better team in the first period, and controlled the play for the first 10-15mins. We were complete ass in the 2nd though.

The problem is, when they have possession time they're not getting shots or scoring chances 

Edited by stawns