[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

13 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

We were the better team in the first period, and controlled the play for the first 10-15mins. We were complete ass in the 2nd though.

Regardless they need to figure out how to play for a full 60 against good team this ain’t gonna fly. Need to get these bad habits out of the systems. Far too many games in the past 10 we can easily point to the team not playing anywhere close to 60mins

28 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I dunno…how many injuries this year have went from ok to…out for several weeks. Blueger, Soucey, and Sutr all went from should be ok to out longer than expected…although I hope this time they got it right. We so need Mik in the line up.

Mik is one tough guy. He will play through this. And play good too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Mik is one tough guy. He will play through this. And play good too. 

I was super worried....did NOT look good as he was on his hands and knees and struggled to get up.

Also, I should add....the 2nd period was not good. I'm glad the guys woke up for the third.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Come and watch a game in person to see......you're wrong. 

He's really up'd his game this year and is WAY more engaged (as Alf said)....board battles, he's faster and he's anything but soft. Got blasted with a shot and bounced right back. Hmmm, you remind me of someone.

What a fun game!  My son is now on board the Miller train with me....sees what I see (wasn't the case before). He sets up goals with beautiful passes...he sees the game well and is ahead by a step when it comes to that element of things. Next level power forward too...when he carries the puck with one hand on the stick and shields off guys with the other while manuevering. And that breakaway (also a beautiful pass to get the puck on his stick)....too bad he didn't score. Love when he drives the net like that. 

I was impressed with the physicality aspect with a few different players (Juulsen). My God, Petey's firey...got knocked on his ass a few times but takes a number and gives it right back. I was so happy he scored...I called it just beforehand. He's a fierce competitor and, as my son said when I suggested I didn't like him laying out so many hits....."he's better when he's doing that". He is...so engaged. 

Demko was stellar...we need him to be on his game and he sure is. 

Myers and that dumb penalty again...changing the face of the game with stupidity. McWard also looked a little worrisome at times as he stood out a time or two in a bad way. But seemed to work through it.

Physical Petey is fun to watch. And he's doing it in a contract year when most guys cheat.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Physical Petey is fun to watch. And he's doing it in a contract year when most guys cheat.

Like Miller, I believe it's his intense competitive nature and will to win. I love that he can take care of himself for the most part. That he doesn't shy away from the physicality. They said on the post game that Miller said something to Petey about that being the fun part of hockey...I think Petey's really bought in.

Lastly, on a game note that's unrelated to what's happening on the ice.... Crazy P is annoying and past his expiry date. Sure, fire the crowd up but 7 Nation Army, etc. is just a big distraction to what is happening on the ice. Hate it.

The guy who dances like his life depends upon it as he rips off t shirts....now he's a keeper. Hilarious. He came and sat beside us for a bit, sweating like a pig and all fired up. In between play and one and done. Fast and furious. His energy is quite different than P's demands to do this and that and the annoying noise. Quit yelling and pointing at us during the game, dude.

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Like Miller, I believe it's his intense competitive nature and will to win. I love that he can take care of himself for the most part. That he doesn't shy away from the physicality. They said on the post game that Miller said something to Petey about that being the fun part of hockey...I think Petey's really bought in.

I wish he would sign already. I think it would give the team a boost.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I'm kinda getting annoyed with Tocc and his refusal to promote Hogs. Hogs should be on either a line with Miller and Bows, or on a line with Petey and Kuz.

I like PDG, but he is not a 2nd line player and really hinders the Miller line in the offensive zone with his lack of offensive talent. Hogs plays just as hard as PDG, and retrieves pucks better than anyone on our team, plus he has the skills to play with the high end offensive players, it's really time to give it a try.

That was my issue with AV. I know he's viewed almost as a saint on here. But he was a very conservative coach. Which made him very predictable.

It had results but it had it's limits too. He also had his love for plugs. Which made players loyal to him, but he didn't always do what was best for the team.

Sadly coaches play favourites. The will sometimes fall back with a reliable vet, over the hardworking journeyman.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I could look at this all day. He's going to have to perfect the delivery to keep the bad guy's down but if this is the new Petey, we'd be in fine shape.

I was SOOO worried, skate came extremely close to Petey's head!

But yeah, isn't he a beaut?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Brock is not a great player. He is extremely one dimensional. He is slow, he is soft, he isn’t a good playmaker, he doesn’t think at a high level. Obviously he can score goals and he’s having a great start to the year in that department, but the people comparing him to kucherov or parnarin just because he currently leads the league in goals are out to lunch. 

Respectfully disagree. Been watching the Canucks since day one. Finishers like Brock don’t come along very often. 
Yoo don’t just trade them because they don’t “ drive play”. All three forwards don’t have to do that. You need a playmaker, finisher, and puck hunter. 
Brock is the finisher. He doesn’t need to drive play.

• Cheers 1

Canucks are gonna need a full 60 minute effort if they are gonna beat the Knights. Coming off of 3 losses you know they are gonna be hungry for a win. IMO it’s going to be their toughest challenge of the season yet. 

Oh and as for the Brock slander, I’ve been critical of him in seasons past but from what I’ve seen from him this year, he’s been outstanding and engaged in all facets of his game. The Canucks wouldn’t be where they are without him. 

Edited by Pickly
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Rekker said:

The chemistry between JT and Brock is really apparent.

Thing is, that was developing between Bo and JT too. JT's just a wizard when it comes to setting guys up....quick and on the money.

I love that these two are connecting. So good.

• Vintage 3

10 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Best part about this, is one is a defenseman.   And the others are ... different.    Coffey, Gretzky, Kurri were staples in the 80's.     Easy to figure out who did it with the Sens, but wonder who did it with the PENs?  Jagr/Mario ... Francis? 

• Cheers 1