[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

10 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Respectfully disagree. Been watching the Canucks since day one. Finishers like Brock don’t come along very often. 
Yoo don’t just trade them because they don’t “ drive play”. All three forwards don’t have to do that. You need a playmaker, finisher, and puck hunter. 
Brock is the finisher. He doesn’t need to drive play.

We will see, I don’t think he’ll be around for too many more seasons. The goals he scores a lot of people put in his position could do the same. Don’t get me wrong, he’s playing better than he has.. but his game has so many flaws.  He has 17 goals, Zach Hyman has 12. Neither of these players are as good as the players they’re around in the goal scoring list. He could have even more goals if he could ever cleanly one time all the times they try to set him up, but nope it’s empty netters and rebounds.

Just now, Cocanuck said:

I dont think jt is really getting enough credit for how good a playmaker and passer he is..  he forchecks, wins battles and is clearly a play maker !!  Wonderful to have two centers like him and petey!!   

That I can agree with.. having Miller and Petey is such a luxury. Miller really does do it all, he’s a beast and can absolutely rip the puck.

Some of the more notable excerpts from Rick's post game;

Ducks were in a bad mood after losing to Edmonton, they came out hard.

Brock deserves to be where he is / in all pressure situations.

We played better in the third.  Before that, we were hanging on to the puck too much,

Rick openly talks about the extra additional cap space we have now.

Miseys playing great. Always aware what's going on. Moving the puck quickly.

Petey hits better then I did when I was playing, love his unique style. The backing in

is great!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I could look at this all day. He's going to have to perfect the delivery to keep the bad guy's down but if this is the new Petey, we'd be in fine shape.

Ya I rather not.. EP will eventually have a target on the back of his head. His hits have been great but it’s usually on unsuspecting player on walks on the borderline. If he’s going to be throwing out hits like this. It’s only a matter when someone else returns the favour. That hit last night almost turned out to be a disaster. He was lucky his skate hit him in the helmet instead of a few inches down

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ya I rather not.. EP will eventually have a target on the back of his head. His hits have been great but it’s usually on unsuspecting player on walks on the borderline. If he’s going to be throwing out hits like this. It’s only a matter when someone else returns the favour. That hit last night almost turned out to be a disaster. He was lucky his skate hit him in the helmet instead of a few inches down

You're wrong though....often, the hits are him going back at someone so they should be some what expected.

I don't want him to change that element of his game...especially if he's not on the scoresheet, it keeps him engaged. I think it sends a message too....he's no pushover. He HAS been targeted in the past so him showing he's not going to shy away is a good statement.

Also, I have to give a shout out to Hronek. Not for anything special but, for me, he evokes the opposite reaction from me than Myers. I hold my breath and shut my eyes with Myers but I have a calm confidence in Hronek. I like Myers, I want to support him but that penalty he took was just another "why'd you do that?" moment. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

We will see, I don’t think he’ll be around for too many more seasons. The goals he scores a lot of people put in his position could do the same. Don’t get me wrong, he’s playing better than he has.. but his game has so many flaws.  He has 17 goals, Zach Hyman has 12. Neither of these players are as good as the players they’re around in the goal scoring list. He could have even more goals if he could ever cleanly one time all the times they try to set him up, but nope it’s empty netters and rebounds.

I’ll just keep celebrating the goals and the wins. 

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

If IM is out for a bit, is it time to move Hoglander up to EP's line? That kid deserves a shot, he's playing his guts out, as is Garland.

Hogz should actually go with Miller and Boes. He had 1 shift with them last night in the 3rd and was awesome.

I'd like to try Garland with Petey. Garland is a bit more shifty and seems to have more play making craftiness. Just zero finish. His ability to create turnovers in the offensive zone would be huge for Petey and Kuz

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You're wrong though....often, the hits are him going back at someone so they should be some what expected.

I don't want him to change that element of his game...especially if he's not on the scoresheet, it keeps him engaged. I think it sends a message too....he's no pushover. He HAS been targeted in the past so him showing he's not going to shy away is a good statement.

Also, I have to give a shout out to Hronek. Not for anything special but, for me, he evokes the opposite reaction from me than Myers. I hold my breath and shut my eyes with Myers but I have a calm confidence in Hronek. I like Myers, I want to support him but that penalty he took was just another "why'd you do that?" moment. 

Again I don’t mind ep hitting. But all and most of his hits are on unsuspecting player in a borderline vulnerable position. I don’t mind him hitting people with a nice clean shoulder check. Every check doesn’t need to have the intent on sending the other guy flying. He’s not mcdavid the league isn’t going to protect him like they do with mcdavid. He keeps throwing out these “big hit” eventually some borderline player will return a “big hit” last thing we need. 

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Again I don’t mind ep hitting. But all and most of his hits are on unsuspecting player in a borderline vulnerable position. I don’t mind him hitting people with a nice clean shoulder check. Every check doesn’t need to have the intent on sending the other guy flying. He’s not mcdavid the league isn’t going to protect him like they do with mcdavid. He keeps throwing out these “big hit” eventually some borderline player will return a “big hit” last thing we need. 

That's playing scared of the big bad wolves out there.

I get your point, but don't agree. He was thrown, WWE style, to the ice by someone targeting him who didn't have the skill to beat him fair and square. You see it as him giving them reason to (go after him). As one of the league's best, they already have reason....that reason. So him showing a bit of strength, resiliency and a lack of fear plays into his favour in my view.

You're making his hits sound "dirty" but he's actually often on the receiving end of those hits (already). So tit for tat stuff.

I don't think people will target him less if he lays low. He's a great player and has been targeted since day one. Now he's just pushing back. And it appears to be a very natural instinct/reaction. I love his feisty side that we're seeing. Our entire team has to have that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Mik is one tough guy. He will play through this. And play good too. 

I hope your right Alf, he is a tough guy, no questions there. Just worry about the accuracy of our medical staff some days. Hopefully swelling goes down, get a second image of the knee to really tell then get positive news from there. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

That's playing scared of the big bad wolves out there.

I get your point, but don't agree. He was thrown, WWE style, to the ice by someone targeting him who didn't have the skill to beat him fair and square. You see it as him giving them reason to (go after him). As one of the league's best, they already have reason....that reason. So him showing a bit of strength, resiliency and a lack of fear plays into his favour in my view.

You're making his hits sound "dirty" but he's actually often on the receiving end of those hits (already). So tit for tat stuff.

I don't think people will target him less if he lays low. He's a great player and has been targeted since day one. Now he's just pushing back.

Agreed. He's shown that he can take a hit as well as he can throw it. Pettersson isn't a cheap player and doesn't try to shield himself from the rough stuff. 

So that wasn't you by the Ducks penalty box yesterday?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. He's shown that he can take a hit as well as he can throw it. Pettersson isn't a cheap player and doesn't try to shield himself from the rough stuff. 

So that wasn't you by the Ducks penalty box yesterday?

It was not. But she's probably a cousin I didn't know about.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, stawns said:

The problem is, when they have possession time they're not getting shots or scoring chances 

I agree 100%, we were afraid to shoot the puck or take it to the net in the first period. And that's been happening a lot lately in the last 10 games. Need to get back to driving the net and shooting like we were in the first 13 games.

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

I love it when posters minimize Brock's accomplishments by saying "put anyone in his spot, they can score the same".

Me too.

"His spot" when he scored isn't an easy spot to hang out at. Sort of mosh pit meets meat grinder at times. This was his "easy" goal last night (photo courtesy of Jeff Vinnick)

Remember, he's had a back injury (etc) and could very well avoid taking punishment and the front of the net/slot area. In order to be the recipient of those goals (whether by rebounds or beautiful passes), you have to place yourself there.

406075210_10160659177015549_416722107892

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3