[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

13 minutes ago, Haddy said:

I think it's hilarious. Since when can the internet not run with an obvious joke and enjoy a week of memes about it until the next thing distracts us? Now everyone's getting their panties in a twist on behalf of Bedards mom, who has likely laughed the whole thing off as ridiculous...

You know, like a normal human being should.

yeah I guess I'm just capable of empathy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s a big assumption to think she’s “laughing it off” or that Bedard himself isn’t extremely hurt by it.

The GM was practically in tears when talking about this rumour. 

People need to grow up and realize these sort of rumours do actually affect people. But I’m sure you’d just laugh it off if one of your family members was being dragged through the mud like this right?

Huge assumption to assume that the GM was tearing up in regards to the Bedard  rumours. Could’ve been Perry, team or stress related.

this has become a meme at this point, we don’t need a moral lecture on it. I respect where you’re coming from but we find it funny. It’s entered the hockey zeitgeist so we’re going to comment on it and make jokes because we can. 

and honestly one could even consider it Canucks talk, the Perry situation opened up a door for us to move Beauvillier, so any news or memes surrounding that are interesting to some fans. 

we don’t need to white knight the bedard family. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sry i don't see him making the "big" hit is a good thing. he literally just inches from getting a skate to the head.. imagine his helmet popped off on that hit and the skate catches him on the head instead of the helmet.. or that hit against the oilers when he took 3 strides and launched himself upward both feet off the ice textbook charging... and i'm one of the biggest ep defender on this forum. i don't need to see those kinds of hit.. reverse hit sure. normal clean shoulder checks sure. this hit is weird.. he's going at the guy and then last second spins around and throw his back into the check and almost got his head taken off as a result? i don't need him to be throwing out weird hits or going trouba on someone and end up injuring himself.

For sure nobody want's to see that.   That said what's the difference between the 1000 or so time's  Bure skated into the slot so hard, missing defenders, then made his move and slammed into the end  boards?  Bure started that right away.  

It's a sport.   Don't know what to say, why is it ok for a guy like Motte to go around throwing his weight around and not EP?   Have zero issue with it.    Even if his head gets chopped clean off.   Which it won't.    The more EP hits, the better he will get at it.   Glad he's taking the game by its horns finally, even if his production isn't what we'd like or hope for.   All smiles post game too.   He's 6'2" and not a  lily.      

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Huge assumption to assume that the GM was tearing up in regards to the Bedard  rumours. Could’ve been Perry, team or stress related.

this has become a meme at this point, we don’t need a moral lecture on it. I respect where you’re coming from but we find it funny. It’s entered the hockey zeitgeist so we’re going to comment on it and make jokes because we can. 

and honestly one could even consider it Canucks talk, the Perry situation opened up a door for us to move Beauvillier, so any news or memes surrounding that are interesting to some fans. 

we don’t need to white knight the bedard family. 

Expressing empathy can be just as much a part of the conversation as piling on without being demeaned as moralizing or playing the white knight.

Obviously no one posting here thinks that Connor or his mom are going to read this forum so the white knight BS is just your attempt to ridicule a position that differs from your own. 

You can have your fun all you want while others (myself included) can imagine what this must be like for those directly involved. Both can exist at the same time as neither will ultimately impact the situation one bit. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Expressing empathy can be just as much a part of the conversation as piling on without being demeaned as moralizing or playing the white knight.

Obviously no one posting here thinks that Connor or his mom are going to read this forum so the white knight BS is just your attempt to ridicule a position that differs from your own. 

You can have your fun all you want while others (myself included) can imagine what this must be like for those directly involved. Both can exist at the same time as neither will ultimately impact the situation one bit. 

Accurate, definitely wasn’t trying to ridicule anyone, we all know the ramifications of rumours. We just wanna laugh at something. Both points can exist 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's remarkable what Allvin and co. have done in such a short amount of time. Have to give JR credit for bringing him in as GM. It's so amazing to finally see competent management and winners at the helm. I mean, look at the alignment from top to bottom to Abbotsford and what is happening in prospect development. 

Allvin has to be the busiest GM over the past couple seasons.

Allvin is JRs child... they work well together and think the game the same way... Proper management team

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Damn! Alvin’s been taking presser lessons along with his ESL tutoring. So much more eloquent and confident in front of the cameras now 😳 Maybe just the product of success?

Can anyone tell a deaf old man the very last question that was asked that PA said ownership are working on?