[PGT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim

Chickenspear

1 hour ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Huge assumption to assume that the GM was tearing up in regards to the Bedard  rumours. Could’ve been Perry, team or stress related.

this has become a meme at this point, we don’t need a moral lecture on it. I respect where you’re coming from but we find it funny. It’s entered the hockey zeitgeist so we’re going to comment on it and make jokes because we can. 

and honestly one could even consider it Canucks talk, the Perry situation opened up a door for us to move Beauvillier, so any news or memes surrounding that are interesting to some fans. 

we don’t need to white knight the bedard family. 

Ok I'll bite. His mother doesn't need to be dragged through social media for something that didn't happen.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

With the call ups and more to come. I assume it's a show me where your at. Or are they exposing the players to others for trade purposes?

This is vicious. They play in Abbotsford with plenty of minutes , come up and see a third of the time. Yes l understand the formula .

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We won! We dominated the third. That’s what really good clubs do when they’ve got no legs. Our young core (group) is learning how to win when tired. And that’s FRIGGIN’ AWESOME!

yeah, finding a way to win. 

it's interesting to watch this team because, while there will almost certainly be some more setbacks, they seem like they're on a fast track. or perhaps it's just catching up to where they should be after the last few years were derailed. 

watching the 2011 core develop over  the 5 years leading up to the finals, there were stages of development each year. you could see these different skillsets being learned in real time. it started with av stripping them down to bare bones in 2006-07 to teach them how to play d, the year of that dreaded "popgun offence" (that must be a tony gallagherism, right?), when luongo played historically, freakishly out of his mind and when the sedins were given the reigns. the last step came, in my assessment, I want to say in the first month of 2010-11. the team wasn't lights out right out of the gate, they lost 5 out of their first 7 and they were having particular issues on the road. I remember the sedins and kesler being asked about it and then both giving contrasting answers. kes stated the team needed to simplify things and play a good solid road game. the twins said they need to learn how to play the same way on the road as they do at home. that was the key. that was their last step, learning that the venue doesn't matter. they stormed the league for the rest of the year. 

all that was a really long background leading up to saying that this 2024 team seems to have gone through most of the necessary stages over this past summer somehow. 

• Like 1