[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Irwin has been called up, It doesn’t sound like he is gong to play…. Barring another injury, but it would be interesting to see him get into a couple of games to see if he can keep up.

I actually thought he was going to end up a surprise unsung hero this season working his way into the 3rd pairing.  He is a veteran and might steady a young guy partner.  As an older player it also doesn’t matter if you sit him a while on the roster but in the press box.  He isn’t going to be missing development time.

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Remember who you're dealing with Vegas Golden Helmets

407120225_10160660330700549_729884693977

Now that is impressive. I would have bet almost the farm that four of Gretzky, Coffey, Kurri, Messier and/or Anderson would have pulled off that feat at some point in the salad days of the Oilers. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Unfortunately it’s these type of games where we have a chance at getting a division lead that we lose badly. 

It would be really nice to see actual data that supports this statement.

Well, I remember “we choked” game, but    

I am not sure that Canucks always played pure in this type of situation

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Always wanted redemption since the Bubble!  Too early of coarse but I most assuredly would love to be the team that knocks these "duds" out of the playoffs !!

Yup.

Remember The Bubble, Boys!

(Not the Bubble Boys.)

JUST WIN (no matter how).

• Cheers 2