[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He's done this pretty much every season he's been in the league. Knock a couple mill off his contract for mental fragility. 

That's what worries me.  How can we pay him top 10 dollars when he disappears for a 1/4 of the season on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This team loses its mojo so easily I don’t get it.

Battling for 1st in the division and they look like a team that has lost 8 straight…

Why is Petey terrified to shoot the puck?!?

Elias is Swedish for 'hesitates before shooting"

Just now, DeNiro said:

This team loses its mojo so easily I don’t get it.

Battling for 1st in the division and they look like a team that has lost 8 straight…

Why is Petey terrified to shoot the puck?!?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Last year with the puck on his stick in that position, its gone and in the back of the net.

Seems to be operating under a bit of a confidence deficit, either that or a hidden hand or wrist injury.

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

When is Coach going to break up the top 6? 

Tocchet had a really long leash and it is starting to dwindle the longer he fails to adjust. 

one word hooooglander 

needs to takes miks spot and mik moves to miller line

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Blue said:

It just really really sucks that this is a bragging rights game. And now everyone is going to look down on the Canucks and wank off the Knights. Kinda like what's going on in this thread.

We'll learn from this and be better in the second half when it matters. People can have their moment. He who laughs last ... 😉

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Vancouver is still a playoff team, but looking like a first round exit type deal. 

Never know. A lot can happen by then. This team needs playoff experience regardless. I’ll take the first round exit if that’s the case. Pretty rare to go from basement to Cup 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Their one line is actually the Garland Joshua line. 

Miller hasn't looked great for the last while either... 

I wonder what happened to all that speed they were playing with earlier on the season. 

They just look slow and disinterested. 

They're not surprising teams anymore, teams are ready for them now

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Last year with the puck on his stick in that position, its gone and in the back of the net.

Seems to be operating under a bit of a confidence deficit, either that or a hidden hand or wrist injury.

I've seen him retaping his wrist many times over the last couple weeks. Same time frame he hasn't had a single good wrist shot. 

Just now, Devron said:

Never know. A lot can happen by then. This team needs playoff experience regardless. I’ll take the first round exit if that’s the case. Pretty rare to go from basement to Cup 

They’ll get playoff experience for sure. They’re good enough. Just need to learn how to wield this power consistently. 

• Vintage 1