[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Those are huge injuries for this club 

This team has been struggling without Soucy big time. And you're 3C out as well.

Both those players are a big part of early success for this team. Even when Suter wasn't scoring his D play was impeccable. 

Right? Talk about not understanding the importance of role players.  

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, it's been a poor outing, no question. Maybe an embarrassing loss will get them back on track though, sometimes you need a wakeup call. Vegas is one of the top teams out west, they look it and we don't, that's something for the guys to reflect on. 

I would hope losing to one of the worst teams in NHL history would be a wake-up call, apparently not. 

I hope your right though; that this is just a learning stretch & we'll come back stronger, but no come-back wins so far isn't encouraging. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Juice said:

Declaring "they jus a .500 team!!" ...with 58 games to go.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

5-5 over the last 10.

4-6 after tonight.

You can only evaluate a team based on their performance, not what the future might hold.

Hope is not a strategy.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

They’ll make the playoffs, but with this effort, they won’t get far. 

I'd say, at the moment, it could either way.  The Oilers are hearing up and it's looking like the central might take both WC spots.  Lots of hockey left though

Just now, JayDangles said:

5-5 over the last 10.

4-6 after tonight.

You can only evaluate a team based on their performance, not what the future might hold.

Hope is not a strategy.

Yay they are likely a team who is around the .500 mark when all is said and done based on the last ten but I was hoping they would mature a bit more and at least beat teams like the golden knights for once. I am tired of losing to this team. They have gotten points in every game they have played here.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

It bothers the hell out of me that 85% of powerplays occur in the first 2 periods. 

Knowing NHL officiating you expect a makeup call after that abomination that was the Myers penalty, instead they just put the whistles away & let infractions go.

Idk which scenario is more 'typical NHL', but maybe that I don't know is the whole problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Well, they did just win a cup.. 

Sure, it's been a poor outing, no question. Maybe an embarrassing loss will get them back on track though, sometimes you need a wakeup call. Vegas is one of the top teams out west, they look it and we don't, that's something for the guys to reflect on. 

No argument, though I do think the Canucks are a wc team, at best, at this point in their evolution