[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Curious to hear what Tocchet will say, and what the players will say post game. This was a shit game against a very good team. 

Unfortunately, they didn't pass the test, and they're not very good against top tier competitions. 

Petey's invisible. I can't see management agreeing to his asking price, given how he's been well, super unproductive over the last several games....If he's not injured, what the heck could it be that would cause him to play so poorly, making bad decisions on the ice, falling down all the fucking time? 

My bet

He's going to be blunt.

Not happy with the effort

Good benchmark for the players to learn what it takes

Bothered to see them get away from their system and some bad habits creeping back in..

Need to put it behind them and be focused next game.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Gotta say....

they put their backup goalie in against us tonight - and say what you will about McDavid/Draisaitl being babys (and they are) - but that move legitimately happened against us & it doesn't seem to bother the guys at all... 

I think you'd like to see some kind of fire. Atleast the EDM guys showed some fire. 

Nah I'd rather see composure here. What McDavid did was embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Curious to hear what Tocchet will say, and what the players will say post game. This was a shit game against a very good team. 

Unfortunately, they didn't pass the test, and they're not very good against top tier competitions. 

Petey's invisible. I can't see management agreeing to his asking price, given how he's been well, super unproductive over the last several games....If he's not injured, what the heck could it be that would cause him to play so poorly, making bad decisions on the ice, falling down all the fucking time? 

The problem with EP40 is that he goes through stretches like this every single season.  I can't see the Canucks gambling on it and paying him top 10 cap dollars when he's inconsistent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dom said:

I don't understand how you can call it crying when all they are doing is pointing out the facts. I'm a huge diehard Canuck fan, and those ' names ' just aren't being homers like most of you. 

I'm not really being a Homer though. They played like shit and have many times in last few games but the rampant "I told you so" and "this is who they really are" is disingenuous. They're 15-8-1..

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

VGK were 3-4-3 in their last 10 games.  Even elite teams go through stretches of crappy games.  Last I checked the Canucks are still top 5 in the league standings.  

Yeah but Vegas is Vegas. And Canucks are well the Canucks. Big difference in how much leeway you give a team 

4 minutes ago, Seventy7 said:

Hate to say it…

Oilers coming on. With 2 games in hand and 12 points to make up, and Canucks 5v5 issues catching up to them…. I say these teams will be tied in the standings by game #50 

Dont get me wrong, I still think Van makes the postseason as a wildcard team, but they simply do not generate enough chances 5v5.  Their conversion rate was bound to flatten out and now we are seeing them as they are… a PP team with good goaltending. This is in part due to coaching a dump and chase low event game style, but they are killing themselves once again with poor turnovers and poor puck recovery in front of Demko. PK is also well below league average yet again. Idk what the answer is but I sure hope Petterson starts playing like a 12M hockey player or he may well be one of the most overrated players in hockey. Gotta find him a legit top line winger.  Kuzy and Mickey are just so average

Petey drags the line down with his play, look at Kuz playing with miller. if they had Petey winning face offs and making plays that would help millers line who been depended on for the past month which is showing of their wear down play

Edited by TetrisBloctT