[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Tonight's game reminded me of last season... 

No fight. No pushback

Weak on the puck. Lost puck battles. 

I thought we pushed through that and put that kind of hockey behind us. I guess not? 

We are softer than cotton panties and that has to change.

Just now, Vancan said:

Maybe work on his skating a bit to. He hides it well with his skill, but wow his lack of skating skill really shows when he's struggling. 

Pettersson has jets he just stops moving his legs when he's in a slump. Starts reaching instead of moving. Falls all over the place. It's tough to watch and I had hoped he'd manned up and moved past this petulant bullshit. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

The next off-season will be huge. 

Need to continue to revamp the roster. Last off-season was a good step but much more work needs to be done.

Agreed. Love the additions of Suter, Blueger, Soucy, Lafferty and Z. Also love the maturation of Höglander. However, it’s not enough. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Much love. With Petterssons wrist it was shown on at least two separate broadcasts and has been mentioned by others on this forum. He did come out and say he was healthy, but he also hasn't been shooting which obviously is one of his biggest assets. Simplest explanation is he's lying about his wrist.

I'm sure he has some kind of wrist injury. But it doesn't explain much when evaluating things. He is out there hitting guys, which you don't do if you have a significant injury somewhere.

And he's falling all over the place and actually looks really slow.

Maybe there a couple injuries. Either way though this team will struggle if he doesn't find a way to get going.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say the Flames would be the favourite at this point.  Van is going to have to dig deep 

Haha I refuse to believe this... 

Surely the canucks have some pride? 

I feel like we have better forwards defensemen and goalie. 

I also feel like we have the better coach. 

There's no reason we should lose on Saturday after getting embarrassed tonight.

If they look flat on Saturday, this team has some major issues. 

Peteys attitude is pretty annoying

tries multiple to stick handle through vgk and then fails then pouts. Stop your pouting and start to use your teammates.

look at jt just giving a quick saucer to kuzy

if Boeser was better tonight he could have had a couple because of jt passes

Big let down but not a huge surprise. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the "who are we, we aren't anybody" team. The Nucks have a ways to go to be able to rumble with a big, fast, defensive team, that can pounce on any little mistake. Nice to see Kuzy get one.

Just now, JayDangles said:

I'm sure he has some kind of wrist injury. But it doesn't explain much when evaluating things. He is out there hitting guys, which you don't do if you have a significant injury somewhere.

And he's falling all over the place and actually looks really slow.

Maybe there a couple injuries. Either way though this team will struggle if he doesn't find a way to get going.

Can't argue that. With Suter out we've shifted the bulk of top line matching to Miller and with Pettersson ghosting he's supposed to bring all the offense too? At this rate Pettersson can take a fuckin hike if he wants more than Hughes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

The thing about this Vegas team is that they are all things.

Big + Physical + Fast + Playmakers

Man.... They completely outclassed us today. And that's without Martinez and Theodore. 

How much better will our team be with Z and Soucy back? 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Calgary beat Vegas on Tuesday and Dallas tonight. Those are good teams last I looked. Better take it seriously. 

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

Hate to say it but the Flames will be a tough game too - they are playing far better lately and their top 4 d are pretty solid.  Hopefully they have a better game for Zadorov's first appearance.

Vegas are a bit of a paradox  - they have a few high end players but the other guys are nothing spectacular.   They remind me of the Kings back when they were winning cups.  A bunch of big mobile guys buying into Sutter's system with a few star players. They wear you down all over the ice.

Disagree.  I think Vegas has an overall extremely high standard of players.

Go through the list:  Stephenson, Marchessault, Karlsson, Barbashev... all are really skilled players who can score 20+.

And they have a bonefide superstar in Eichel and a scoring star in Stone.

The rest of the team skates extremely well, can score and are extremely responsible defensively.

The D is the best in the league... we didn't even face Shea Theodore.  He and Pietrangelo are Stars.  The rest of the D are big, mean and mobile.

And their goaltending remains topflight with Hill.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Gunna get blown out on Saturday aren't we...

Need to get out of this funk, but I'll believe it when I see it with this group. Given the circumstances its a horrible performance tonight. They worked hard but it wasn't even close. 

It's due to roster composition and core going through funk.

We need more talent. We need more pushback. We are too easy to play against. Especially our forward group. Need some guys that help wear down opposing D and cause havoc.

The guys we have play well at times but they don't bring what we need. Need grit, strong D play, speed, physicality, pushback.

Top 4 D that can eat minutes(more so after this year), 2-3 more bottom 6 forwards that bring elements we need a top 6 winger that plays like a fire is lit under his ass and the other team lit it.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well, they've already lost to Cslgary