[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Game Day!  Battle of the 2 top teams!

Game Day Thread!  Ok posters, roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Canucks have to prepared to roll over these guys, physically first, then on the scoreboard.

Demmer stones them; D crunches and blocks everything; Forwards score at will!

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Vegas has one of the best defensive structures in the NHL. Tons of excellent defensive players and good goaltending. I'm expecting a tight game.

Me too.

For the First Fifty Seconds!

Then hard work pays off.

Knock that gilt off those buckets!

And fill them up with pucks.

CANUCKS IN A BEAT-DOWN GOAL-SCORING FIGHT-FEST!

Joshua break out - 1g 2a 4 hits 1 fight 1 TKO.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't think Vegas is that good. 

This is for huge bragging rights but i don't see it as a big hockey test. We should beat this team. They over achieved at the start and but because they were cup champs , everyone had a pretty big wank over them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The series vs Vegas and LA will be key. 

Quite likely, we will see either one of these teams in the first round.   Home ice is important.    Mentioned a week ago how those LA games (the team we likely play in the first round ... although it very well could end up Vegas), those four LA games are crucial.    Vegas too really.   LA isn't to be trifled with.   Their old guard knows this is probably their last chance or two of a Swan Song.   Blake did a great job with their rebuild/re-tool. 

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think Vegas is that good. 

This is for huge bragging rights but i don't see it as a big hockey test. We should beat this team. They over achieved at the start and but because they were cup champs , everyone had a pretty big wank over them.

lol.  Vegas is an awesome hockey team.   I'd swap rosters and cap hits with them in an instant.    They are built for the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One issue that this game may expose is that Vancouver needs more size and physicality on forward and defense. I still think that the Canucks should be able to win the game, but Vegas is a big team and does tend to wear teams down. 

Maybe Hughs and Hronek will be able to do circles around these bigger guys. Plus Saucy and Cole aren't exactly small 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller, Pettersson, Hughes and Demko will come up huge in this one. 

This is a chance for the "playoff performers" to show there stuff and for Petey to show us he is worth the money he is asking. No more excuses, show us tonight! 

9 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Anxiety about game kicking in. (a good feeling anxiety)

Haven't felt this way in a long time

Go Canucks Go

This is good anxiety; waiting for The Showdown.

Canucks (and by cosmic extension Canuck Fans) have earned this.

Veguts Gilded Knoggins were gifted their team, and their Cup.

Management did a good job and the players earned it on the ice, no doubt.

Now our management has done and is doing a great job and everyone in the organization is working hard.

Even the fans are equally as hard-working, both at their jobs, and on CFF:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b44agrcio7b2cp54uket

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One issue that this game may expose is that Vancouver needs more size and physicality on forward and defense. I still think that the Canucks should be able to win the game, but Vegas is a big team and does tend to wear teams down. 

Yes this is a big test for us as we usually don't do well against big strong physical teams. We shall see where we stand with that tonight.

8 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Think Vegas comes out flying with early pressure this game, if the Nucks can withstand them it'll be close.

Vegas plays a full 60 minutes and are usually stronger near the end of the game. The Nucks are going to need 100% for the whole game for it to be close.