[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We aren’t a young team anymore. I am tired of hearing how they are tense. Grow up already.

The issue is that they do look tense.  It's 1st place on the line and they are under pressure to try to win.  Vegas didn't have to do much but to maintain their structure.  Winning faceoffs do help much with that.  Feels like 75% faceoff wins for Vegas..  

Just now, HKSR said:

This group hasn't looked good when there's pressure to win...

Toronto game on national TV.

Avalanche game with Makar vs Hughes.

Now VGK for the battle for #1 spot.

Until they learn to control their nerves and win these kinds of games, they won't be able to contend just yet.

Aaron Rome was not built in a game.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well they didn’t show much intensity. They weren’t fighting to get to the scoring areas. Can you name one grade A scoring chance?

The one we gained a penalty off of from Garland but yeah not really anything else. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I know people laugh, but Edmonton is going to be back up in the mix in short order and a team Van needs to worry about.  In all likelihood, bot WC teams are coming out of the central and that means a divisional spot is an absolute must

We have almost double the points. 

This is the last game without 

either Saucy or Zadorov. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

They shouldn’t need to be read the riot act every game.

The coach needs to teach them to believe in themselves.  Reading the riot act every time he has been unhappy has led them to not believe in themselves.

Tocchet needs to teach them to believe in themselves and stop calling them out for bad performances.

Coaching is not just calling out your team when you don't like what they did.

What are you gonna do Tocchet to teach them how to reach their potential!    Hey buddy?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

The coach needs to teach them to believe in themselves.  Reading the riot act every time he has been unhappy has led them to not believe in themselves.

Tocchet needs to teach them to believe in themselves and stop calling them out for bad performances.

Coaching is not just calling out your team when you don't like what they did.

What are you gonna do Tocchet to teach them how to reach their potential!    Hey buddy?

Tocc has kept his mouth shut almost too much the past 3 weeks.