[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

4 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

This is good anxiety; waiting for The Showdown.

Canucks (and by cosmic extension Canuck Fans) have earned this.

Veguts Gilded Knoggins were gifted their team, and their Cup.

Management did a good job and the players earned it on the ice, no doubt.

Now our management has done and is doing a great job and everyone in the organization is working hard.

Even the fans are equally as hard-working, both at their jobs, and on CFF:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b44agrcio7b2cp54uket

GIFTED? This franchise has had 50 + years to try and get it right , there is no GIFTING going on, when you get the right people for the job, you tend to do better then the others.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Um, I meant VGK was gifted their team etc.

Yeah I know I read it, and they were gifted the cup. The team is not even the same as when they came into the league what, 6 years ago. Maybe they know what it takes to build a championship team?

Edited by EdgarM
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Vegas was absolutely gifted everything. They were gifted a top 3 pick 2 years in a row. They were gifted the ability to draft from every team in the league. They were gifted the ability to assess each players talent at an NHL level before deciding who to take. They were gifted the ability to know players salary and make educated financial decisions to maximize cap flexibility.

From there they were able to move players for more picks etc.

Imagine if there were 100 players to choose from to make a team and those players names go into a bag and choose 23 players from the bag. You'll get a completely random mixed team. What Vegas got was the list of players and got to choose the 23 they want, without having to pick from a bag.

Add to the fact that most teams openly bribed them with high picks so that they could determine who Vegas would take from their team. It was all a bit corrupt. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Vegas was absolutely gifted everything. They were gifted a top 3 pick 2 years in a row. They were gifted the ability to draft from every team in the league. They were gifted the ability to assess each players talent at an NHL level before deciding who to take. They were gifted the ability to know players salary and make educated financial decisions to maximize cap flexibility.

From there they were able to move players for more picks etc.

Imagine if there were 100 players to choose from to make a team and those players names go into a bag and choose 23 players from the bag. You'll get a completely random mixed team. What Vegas got was the list of players and got to choose the 23 they want, without having to pick from a bag.

You mean the players that the leagues teams that deemed them "expendable"? How many #1 picks has Edmonton received let alone top 3 picks? The teams cream of the crop players were protected its not like Vegas had free reign to pick any players they wanted. 

Also, this is 6 years later, move on already.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Add to the fact that most teams openly bribed them with high picks so that they could determine who Vegas would take from their team. It was all a bit corrupt. 

Lets not be the Whiney guys who constantly look for excuses, lets just go out there and beat them fair and square with hard work and determination. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Lets not be the Whiney guys who constantly look for excuses, lets just go out there and beat them fair and square with hard work and determination. 

I'm not whining, I'm merely stating a fact. I've gotten over the whole Vegas expansion, we only lost Sbisa to it. Doesn't change the fact that it was corrupt. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'm not whining, I'm merely stating a fact. I've gotten over the whole Vegas expansion, we only lost Sbisa to it. Doesn't change the fact that it was corrupt. 

I think the whole thing with the Oilers many #1 draft picks a bit corrupt too but i am not going to overlook the fact that we are in a Cap Salary world and Vegas has 1 guy that makes 10 million and the rest make below that. However they received their players, they don't have a McDavid or a Matthews or a Crosby on their team. Just a bunch of hard working guys who play like a team. We should be so lucky to have a team like that IMO.