[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Petey does play hard that’s why he’s been so effective. I agree he hasn’t been as strong on the puck recently but when he’s on he is playing hard. Maybe it’s not so much learning as it is just trusting himself more 

Sure, but you have to be your best against the best...he's invisible and not battling tonight...not saying always the case, but I have noticed in games where its harder to find open ice, he tends to not be as effective. If he wants 11 mil a year, its games like this where he can't disappear.

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

alot of players do that to, say there healthy when there not, pretty sure kesler said he was fine when he had a pretty big * injury, think it was on the spittin chiclets when he mentioned that he was playing through one in 2011

Maybe, but he doesn't look injured to me, he looks like he's lost all confidence in his game

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Why Miller? He's been the only player on his line back checking all night. 

Right? Miller has been playing fine.  Petey has looked terrible for awhile.  If he was betting on himself for a nice fat paycheque, then he's failing miserably.  I'd be really reluctant to sign him to a $12m+ deal right now.  Can you imagine if Petey was playing like this while eating up $12.5m for the next 8 years???

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, billydakid said:

Sure, but you have to be your best against the best...he's invisible and not battling tonight...not saying always the case, but I have noticed in games where its harder to find open ice, he tends to not be as effective. If he wants 11 mil a year, its games like this where he can't disappear.

No way would I pay him 11 million. And I love him as a player.

• Vintage 1

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

Any one here believe that The Tocchet system is even close to as good as the Vegas system. 

Vegas man to man coverage, constant pressure and boxing the Canucks out of higher danger zone.

Canucks frustrated and no responds because they haven't been taught right.

Yeah, it's time for this coaching staff to step it up.  

1 minute ago, Darius said:

2 ahl dmen plus Myers playing like a bottom pair d isnt a recipe to beat the elite teams - especially when Petey's line looks like they have zero chemistry or anything going.  They cant depend on Brock, Miller and Hughes to bail them out every night.

Perhaps you nailed it, maybe that's the top winger we're missing. Then again Petey isn't exactly going either for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Joshua is not a scorer. He just cannot consistently shoot on target. 

This team needs scoring and pettey's line and pettey is the issue. I think he needs a short break, maybe try bains up, as something is off.

Still feels like they have barely gotten into high gear so a strong third who knows. 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Something is obviously

wrong with Pettersson. This has been such a long stretch now of just below average play. The canucks basically have one line and if it’s not going. This is the result. 

Their one line is actually the Garland Joshua line. 

Miller hasn't looked great for the last while either... 

I wonder what happened to all that speed they were playing with earlier on the season. 

They just look slow and disinterested. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Right? Miller has been playing fine.  Petey has looked terrible for awhile.  If he was betting on himself for a nice fat paycheque, then he's failing miserably.  I'd be really reluctant to sign him to a $12m+ deal right now.  Can you imagine if Petey was playing like this while eating up $12.5m for the next 8 years???

Miller isnt good tonight, but he gets a pass, imo

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Nope, I just don't blame everything thing on Myers like a lot of people do.

Ben Hutton is not even close to being the player Myers is, and every team would choose Myers over Hutton 100 times out of 100.

Both are bottom pairing defensemen worth about the same, so once again, nice try but no dice. 

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Maybe, but he doesn't look injured to me, he looks like he's lost all confidence in his game

He's done this pretty much every season he's been in the league. Knock a couple mill off his contract for mental fragility.