[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Just now, HKSR said:

The problem with EP40 is that he goes through stretches like this every single season.  I can't see the Canucks gambling on it and paying him top 10 cap dollars when he's inconsistent. 

Agreed but he's a 90pt player and you get paid for points. He's also only 25. We forget that at times. Yes its now the entrance of his peak years, but he's further ahead than the Sedins were at this age. I am not "sold" on him either though. If you're paying a guy 10 mil he has to be constantly driving play (consistent). Quinn seems to be much more consistent night in night out.

3 minutes ago, billydakid said:

My bet

He's going to be blunt.

Not happy with the effort

Good benchmark for the players to learn what it takes

Bothered to see them get away from their system and some bad habits creeping back in..

Need to put it behind them and be focused next game.

He will say exactly that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juice said:

Damn rights. Like Hoggy before him.

Still a tier below however he's looking a couple tiers more NHL ready than last year. He hasn't had issues putting up points really, but taking over games at the AHL is what you want to see and he has looked far more threatening. Hoggy was dominant. Podz is starting to have flashes here and there. A lot more consistent than before though. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah but Vegas is Vegas. And Canucks are well the Canucks. Big difference in how much leeway you give a team 

I'm sure you'd find a similar stretch of games for VGK or COL the past couple seasons too.  It happens to every team.  

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not saying attack guys away from the play, but someone drive the net hard, get angry in a battle & throw an extra jab, just some kind of life.

Seems like they just accepted being embarrassed. 

Ahhh thought you meant like getting angry post game lmao. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

We whine about missing Suter and Soucy but they were also missing some key pieces

Imagine our team was missing a Martinez and a Shea Theodore... 

Difference between a veteran, defending cup champ team and an up and comer. Had the game locked down at puck drop.

1 minute ago, billydakid said:

Agreed but he's a 90pt player and you get paid for points. He's also only 25. We forget that at times. Yes its now the entrance of his peak years, but he's further ahead than the Sedins were at this age. I am not "sold" on him either though. If you're paying a guy 10 mil he has to be constantly driving play (consistent). Quinn seems to be much more consistent night in night out.

A 90pt player is worth about $9m.  I think Petey is shopping for $11m+.

Just now, JayDangles said:

Oh no! That wasn't you. Had to go back through an old thread to confirm.

Disregard. I falsely accused you. My bad.

Much love. With Petterssons wrist it was shown on at least two separate broadcasts and has been mentioned by others on this forum. He did come out and say he was healthy, but he also hasn't been shooting which obviously is one of his biggest assets. Simplest explanation is he's lying about his wrist.

Myers, Cole, PDG, to a lesser extent Mikheyev are the weak links on this team.

Cole I’ll give a pass because he’s being asked to do way too much and he’s 34 years old. The rest need to go.

Garland > Mikheyev.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Still a tier below however he's looking a couple tiers more NHL ready than last year. He hasn't had issues putting up points really, but taking over games at the AHL is what you want to see and he has looked far more threatening. Hoggy was dominant. Podz is starting to have flashes here and there. A lot more consistent than before though. 

Power forward bit of different game tho right.. and takes a bit longer to get there.  Or maybe that's just me making excuses for Podz 😉

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'm sure you'd find a similar stretch of games for VGK or COL the past couple seasons too.  It happens to every team.  

That's partially my point though these teams have earned the benefit of the doubt. Since we know these teams will get it done when it matters.

Canucks, with how the team is the past few season, don't deserve that same courtesy 

Just now, Juice said:

Power forward bit of different game tho right.. and takes a bit longer to get there.  Or maybe that's just me making excuses for Podz 😉

It's both! Haha Podz should be further ahead in his development but you definitely won't see that type of play style to be taking over games as much. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, billydakid said:

I hope we go with a bridge deal. 

I honestly don't understand this team. They genuinely looked disinterested tonight. They weren't even skating hard. Like what is the plan? Save energy and Play like crap against the good teams and then make sure we beat the bad teams to make the playoffs? Are we pulling a rope a dope? Sure looks that way. 

Just now, Odd. said:

Myers, Cole, PDG, to a lesser extent Mikheyev are the weak links on this team.

Cole I’ll give a pass because he’s being asked to do way too much and he’s 34 years old. The rest need to go.

Garland > Mikheyev.

Well fuck let's blow it all up while we're at it!

Can I get a tank emoji???

Just now, iinatcc said:

That's partially my point though these teams have earned the benefit of the doubt. Since we know these teams will get it done when it matters.

Canucks, with how the team is the past few season, don't deserve that same courtesy 

That's fair.  We'll have to wait and see what the next 20 games show.