[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Hate to say it but the Flames will be a tough game too - they are playing far better lately and their top 4 d are pretty solid.  Hopefully they have a better game for Zadorov's first appearance.

Vegas are a bit of a paradox  - they have a few high end players but the other guys are nothing spectacular.   They remind me of the Kings back when they were winning cups.  A bunch of big mobile guys buying into Sutter's system with a few star players. They wear you down all over the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Ahhh thought you meant like getting angry post game lmao. 

Yeah no definitely not. Don't want to hear whining about it after just show some life & some anger about it during the game.. have some pride!

Like they legit just put their backup in cause of how easy the game was... in a game that was a battle for first in the west!!! 

How do you go out so lifelessly.. I really hope this is just a learning lesson. 

• Like 1

Just now, Darius said:

Hate to say it but the Flames will be a tough game too - they are playing far better lately and their top 4 d are pretty solid.  Hopefully they have a better game for Zadorov's first appearance.

Vegas are a bit of a paradox  - they have a few high end players but the other guys are nothing spectacular.   They remind me of the Kings back when they were winning cups.  A bunch of big mobile guys buying into Sutter's system with a few star players. They wear you down all over the ice.

I'd say the Flames would be the favourite at this point.  Van is going to have to dig deep 

4 minutes ago, Juice said:

Difference between a veteran, defending cup champ team and an up and comer. Had the game locked down at puck drop.

They did. Canucks never looked dangerous, and that's been happening way to much lately.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah no definitely not. Don't want to hear whining about it after just show some life & some anger about it during the game.. have some pride!

Like they legit just put their backup in cause of how easy the game was... in a game that was a battle for first in the west!!! 

How do you go out so lifelessly.. I really hope this is just a learning lesson. 

I gave up on this team learning lessons already this season. Clearly it doesn't really matter. 

• Sad 1

Just now, HKSR said:

That's fair.  We'll have to wait and see what the next 20 games show.  

It's go time for us Nucks. 

Need to bounce back from this. 

Petey needs to get his game back. Not acceptable how he's been lately. 

We also need better additions eventually as we clear more cap. 

21 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

There's no shame in losing to one of the best teams in the league. However it's a shame losing to the worst team in the league. Is it end of world, no! 

It is another game. One I’m sure they like back. Adding Zad will toughen up the roster. They need to play with some urgency next game. 

2 minutes ago, farinush said:

Petey needs to do nothing for the next month except eat steak and lift weights. 

Maybe work on his skating a bit to. He hides it well with his skill, but wow his lack of skating skill really shows when he's struggling.