[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

25 minutes ago, Dom said:

Pietrangelo/Eichel/Stone/Karlsson/Theodore

You forgot Ben Hutton. I'll give you the first 2. That's it.

And this is injury prone traded bad attitude Eichel. 

Edited by Blue

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Would love a win tonight, but more importantly, need to see this team get back to what they were doing in the first 10 games of the season. Playing with pace, forcing the issue, winning puck battles, managing the puck well in all 3 zones, and stingy defence.

They have really let their play slip and haven't had good efforts for a while. Need to start correcting the process, as results won't follow consistently if we keep up the efforts we have been putting up as of late.

Im looking at our top six here...they need to come out and be excellent tonight. The bottom six has carried too much of the play for them.

The team is missing the ability to simply be ready to put their best foot forward and compete. The process has been missing for 10+ games now, and starting to see this team run into the same bad habits from years past. That starts right with their top guys. Miller, Hughes, need to be better....but the one that deserves the most criticism is Pettersson.

Hurt or not....if you can't shoot and be as effective offensively with your injured wrist, then skate hard, make simple puck management plays, and kill it in the defensive zone. He isn't holding up his end of the bargain here...for a guy who is looking to command top dollar, I expect far more consistency in his game, and its lacking from him. 

He says he wants to see how it unfolds and wants to win...show me then. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Agreed. Love the additions of Suter, Blueger, Soucy, Lafferty and Z. Also love the maturation of Höglander. However, it’s not enough. 

Pod will come in a bit too. As will other youngsters.

Give them some heart and grit to play with. Guys that bring elements we lack. Like the Zadorov trade. 

Bottom 6 needs some of that. Our forward group is lacking. 

Top 6 wings could use a bruiser. Someone with some talent of course but that will pull linemates into the fight. 

IMO a top 4 D that can eat minutes(IMO you need 3 solid on a playoff roster), a top 6 forward that plays with a lot of guts and more bottom 6 forwards that will not go down softly. 

The team needs to play with more fire consistently. These sorts of players can help feed the fire that is our core and help inspire youngsters as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'll give you the first 2. That's it.

And this is injury prone 3 year deal traded bad attitude Eichel. 

Uh huh... those 5 players all show up when it matters. & tonight was another example. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Bottom 6 needs some of that. Our forward group is lacking. 

Top 6 wings could use a bruiser. Someone with some talent of course but that will pull linemates into the fight. 

IMO a top 4 D that can eat minutes(IMO you need 3 solid on a playoff roster), a top 6 forward that plays with a lot of guts and more bottom 6 forwards that will not go down softly. 

Like a Tocchet circa 1988 - 1993 ... anyone know  were Allvin can find one of those ?

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, what is going on with Pettersson? Was it just me, or was he getting up off the ice, almost every shift tonight? Seemed to spend more time getting himself back up than making plays?

Is it just me?

Been saying for years this guy needs to bulk up and this fanbase keeps telling me he doesn't, then rattles off his stats that he farms against garbage teams like San Jose, Edmonton, and Anaheim. Nathan MacKinnon went hard in the shop a few years back, adding a physical element to his game that Petey absolutely refuses to add. And he went from underwhelming 1st overall pick to a top 5 player in the league. Every shift Petey is getting shoved off pucks, in order to throw a big hit he borderline has to charge at players. But no, I'll probably get more heat for saying he needs to get bigger. 170 and the guy is 6'3. What a waste of a good frame. Hogs is 15 pounds heavier and is 5'9.

18 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Pettersson has jets he just stops moving his legs when he's in a slump. Starts reaching instead of moving. Falls all over the place. It's tough to watch and I had hoped he'd manned up and moved past this petulant bullshit. 

2021 version of Petey right now. 

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Been saying for years this guy needs to bulk up and this fanbase keeps telling me he doesn't, then rattles off his stats that he farms against garbage teams like San Jose, Edmonton, and Anaheim. Nathan MacKinnon went hard in the shop a few years back, adding a physical element to his game that Petey absolutely refuses to add. And he went from underwhelming 1st overall pick to a top 5 player in the league. Every shift Petey is getting shoved off pucks, in order to throw a big hit he borderline has to charge at players. But no, I'll probably get more heat for saying he needs to get bigger. 170 and the guy is 6'3. What a waste of a good frame. Hogs is 15 pounds heavier and is 5'9.

Before we get to the knee jerk whines about Pettersson again, lets look at the facts:

-  He's top 10 in NHL scoring

-  Overall he is still in positive +/- figures

-  HIs play of late is not the usual standard from him... so the problem is either physical or he will break out of his slump soon.

When its mid season and he's still in a slump, then you can complain.

Even if he has an off season and only scores 75 points, (more than 90% of the league) then you know it'll mean we get him signed at a bargain price... and he'll bounce back next year with another 100 points.

And by the way, Pettersson has bulked up over his first couple years.  He is still listed at 176, but he is much more likely 180+.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

20 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

We’re going nowhere fast,need to improve the energy,effort lvl

Pretty obvious this team is having problems with the relentless fore-check heavy hitting style seen in almost all their losses - opposition knows the Canucks probably not too fond of this style - once they figure out, more teams will do it.  Kings are masters at it.

Canucks need to be able to handle this "heavy" style to have a chance so might as well start Saturday - its not going anywhere.

Edited by hockeyfan-observer