[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

22 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yes VGK are frustrating that way, they don't even look like they're in it until the final buzzer shows they won.

I am sure (I hope!) the Canucks' coaching staff are aware of, and have scouted this very thing on their opponent tonight.

They need to play a full 60 minutes though because Vegas will take advantage of any lull they have in the game. They have players that thrive on opportunities like that.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Big game tonight BOOOOOYEEES! (and girls)......Big test for our team. Are we just a playoff team now who is looking for experience? Or are we a team that can show it wants to compete with the best and force our game on them. Regardless of outcome, I hope we see the Canucks impose their game, and outplay a much bigger team. If we do that, we're taking another step. We are good, but we aren't elite yet, this game is an important benchmark!

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Ok, every game this season people have said these same things ... BUT ... tonight's game is actually legit to say ...

Yes  -  win tonight, and we are tied with the Rangers for #1 in the NHL !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

They need to play a full 60 minutes though because Vegas will take advantage of any lull they have in the game. They have players that thrive on opportunities like that.

Absolutely. If the boys come out on top early, I hope they don't take their foot off the gas like they have been lately (for whatever reason) otherwise the pain will be real when VGK pounce....likewise, if VGK jump out front, they will stifle the crap out of Van, if so,  hopefully we play their game and when the opportunity arises, pounce on them and capitalize

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Provost said:

Irwin has been called up, It doesn’t sound like he is gong to play…. Barring another injury, but it would be interesting to see him get into a couple of games to see if he can keep up.

I actually thought he was going to end up a surprise unsung hero this season working his way into the 3rd pairing.  He is a veteran and might steady a young guy partner.  As an older player it also doesn’t matter if you sit him a while on the roster but in the press box.  He isn’t going to be missing development time.

Ditto. I don't recall seeing him as offensive. Defence is the root for his game. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I have watched a few Vegas games and they pace themselves for most of the game and play sound defense. They wait until the end of the game before they turn it on, we have to be ready for that.

Yup, Canucks tend to start slow so here's hoping they actually get up for the first period for once.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

All I gotta say is it’s Vegas’ third game in four nights… Canucks are going to bury them…

They’re gonna come out hungry like a pack of wolves and they’re going to devour them that’s all I gotta say 

Angry Wolf GIF by CuriosityStream

I called 6-2 V tonight, in spite of my better thinking. I just can't take my homer glasses off haha.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Vegas bugs me as a fan who started following this team in Elementary school, Im in grandpa territory now and havent seen any of the same success.  Objectively speaking McPhee and co did a great job assessing talent and taking advantage of "the rules" that were given to them - it just rubs me the wrong way when I go online and see Vegas fans talking big after paying no dues .  Honestly though, is it any different from the Oilers...they entered the league end of 70s decade and by early 80s they were a juggernaut winning cups soon after.  At the end of the day maybe i shouldnt be bitter if other fan bases havent suffered as much lol.

Speaking of the Oilers, they bug me even more.  Made  a mockery of the draft lotto system by winning 4 first overall picks - and as a direct result the NHL changed the draft lotto rules(odds) to purposely make it harder on teams so that a repeat of what the oilers pulled off at the slot machine became a lot harder to accomplish.   In the meantime they managed to get another generational talent to fall into their lap - all out of luck.  Even with that magical piece the buffoons still cant put it all together.

Ill go back to drinking my prune juice now.

I have been upset since 1970 with the spin of the wheel debacle. Vegas got a gimme and you can see why the NHL did it. They cashed in on Seattle as a result. I don't blame McPhee he is a smart hockey guy. I remember being really chocked when the Cleveland Barons folded and they merged the Minny Northstars with them and then they moved to Dallas. No dispersal draft. Now that was a chocker. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I called 6-2 V tonight, in spite of my better thinking. I just can't take my homer glasses off haha.

Same lol 

But I have a good feeling about this one 

‘Nucks are up for this one…

prepared…

they smell blood

its Vegas’ 3rd game in 4 nights…

it’s gonna be a good game man

go Canucks go!!!Canucks Home Win GIF by Vancouver Canucks

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I have been upset since 1970 with the spin of the wheel debacle. Vegas got a gimme and you can see why the NHL did it. They cashed in on Seattle as a result. I don't blame McPhee he is a smart hockey guy. I remember being really chocked when the Cleveland Barons folded and they merged the Minny Northstars with them and then they moved to Dallas. No dispersal draft. Now that was a chocker. 

Chocked?

choked…

Friends Word GIF by SoulPancake

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Here's a likeable tale about him for you:

"I don’t chirp. I chirp my players, but I don’t chirp the other team. Actually one guy only, Sean Avery”, Tocchet says. ”I kinda broke my rule. Because he was going after Steve Stamkos, as a rookie. This was years ago while I was coaching Tampa and he was barking at our bench, and I said something to him and he goes: ’What are you gonna do?’. I say: ’Listen, put your suit on and I’ll meet you outside’. That’s all I can do, I can’t do anything else about it. That was the chirp. I couldn’t do anything about it so I just said: ’Put your suit on and let’s go’. That was it.”

https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/when-rick-tocchet-broke-his-one-and-only-rule-and-asked-sean-avery-to-put-on-a-suit-and-fight-him/

Suit to suit, I would put money 10 times out of 10 that Tocchet would beat the wheels off of Avery's donkey cart.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

(As a "glass half full" eternal optimist, is it too soon to let the words "President's Trophy Winners" enter into our vocabulary?)

We won it twice already. Hopefully at some point in the near future, we get to win the Stanley Cup.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RJCF96 said:

We won it twice already. Hopefully at some point in the near future, we get to win the Stanley Cup.

Yeah the sad part is that almost all presidents trophy winners win the Stanley cup - but….. nope….. 

We even did it twice and no cup to show for it…

Sigh…

the life of a Canucks fan… 😫😫😫

3 times to the finals - no cup…

the first time was a bit of a fluke tho…

but the other two were legit…

3 times a brides maid never a bride…

this must change with this core!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah the sad part is that almost all presidents trophy winners win the Stanley cup - but….. nope….. 

We even did it twice and no cup to show for it…

Sigh…

the life of a Canucks fan… 😫😫😫

3 times to the finals - no cup…

the first time was a bit of a fluke tho…

but the other two were legit…

3 times a brides maid never a bride…

this must change with this core!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

3 Americans and a Swede will take us to the CUP! We're not like Vegas which has an ex-patriot Team Canada. Canucks are international. I think that is good? We already no that when they make their CUP run that eastern Canada and most of the west will be cheering against us. 

• Cheers 1