[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

3 Americans and a Swede will take us to the CUP! We're not like Vegas which has an ex-patriot Team Canada. Canucks are international. I think that is good? We already no that when they make their CUP run that eastern Canada and most of the west will be cheering against us. 

So be it…

don’t overthink it bruh…

Go Canucks Go

Canucks 2021 GIF by Vancouver Canucks

6 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I don’t see us winning this game. Feel like we’ve come down a bit from the way we were playing for the first 15 or so games. 

hope I’m wrong though! 

Vegas - 3 games in 4 nights 

Canucks have never defeated Vegas on home ice 

they will come out with pride on the line 

they are prepared and up for this one…

mark my words 

we will win…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Let's see how we measure up against a team ahead of us rather than a team behind us.

We have a much better team to get Vegas monkey off our backs. Our guys need to be on point.

We just gotta do it.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Regarding Cap Space, either do nothing use some of the cap space to see if you can sign Bear to a reasonable contract.  I would not suggest swinging for the fences and spending it all on 1 player.

Nothing good is cheap.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

All I gotta say is it’s Vegas’ third game in four nights… Canucks are going to bury them…

They’re gonna come out hungry like a pack of wolves and they’re going to devour them that’s all I gotta say 

Angry Wolf GIF by CuriosityStream

I really hope you are right. That's all i gotta say.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'm not whining, I'm merely stating a fact. I've gotten over the whole Vegas expansion, we only lost Sbisa to it. Doesn't change the fact that it was corrupt. 

It’s definitely “buy yourself a playoff team” with current NHL expansion - but they made some fabulous moves and other GMs really blew it overpaying to protect certain players. 

The Vegas team had a few absolute steals and came together a lot quicker than I think their management was even ready for. Full credit to them for leaning into their window even if most of it was basically handed to them on a platter.  The Eichel deal in particular was an absolute “bold move.”

• Like 1