[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'm not whining, I'm merely stating a fact. I've gotten over the whole Vegas expansion, we only lost Sbisa to it. Doesn't change the fact that it was corrupt. 

what's better for the league and its fans, an atlanta thrashers or a vegas golden knights?

it doesn't benefit anybody by crippling expansion teams. 

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

lol.  Vegas is an awesome hockey team.   I'd swap rosters and cap hits with them in an instant.    They are built for the playoffs. 

How could you say that ?

You'd take Eichel over Petterson ? Their top pair over Hughs and Hronek? Whoever their goalies are for Demko ? That's insane.

The only thing I'd take from them is their luck. That's it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

So, essentially, McPhee outsmarted the other 30 GMs (except for Benning - they gor Sbisa from us)?

I think his genius was in getting sweeteners from other GMs to not pick certain players otherwise exposed.   I forget how many of the then GMs had never been thru an expansion draft before (19, I think I read) and many got fleeced.

But they built a team from second and 3rd line forwards, and 4 thru 6 D-men, many of whom thereafter played with a chip on their shoulders at being exposed.

Nothing was "gifted".  That's just a false narrative offered by mediocre, badly managed teams to justify their losing to an expansion team and save face

You're way off man. Every team in the league was racing to a finish line, and McPhee was the only one given a map.

He did what anyone would do in that situation. 

Also, not every 3rd liner is a 3rd liner. Look at Miller when he was in Tampa.

The post you responded to gave lots of examples of how they benefitted. Either your intentionally being ignorant or you genuinely don't know all the layers it takes to build a team, and how much information and opportunity Vegas was given