[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

Just now, RolexSub said:

And there are other guys in our system that can? Just saying!!! But I know it won't happen but worth the talk about because Tryamkin plays a very similar style like Zadorov knowing how to use their size to their advantage and throwing the big hits!! 

I think time has turned tryamkin into legend rather than reality. He was never a hitter by any means. He actually shied away from hitting. He made a couple hits here and there. His skills were skating and using a good stick to break up plays.

He really wasn't very good.

• Cheers 1

I really, REALLY hope we can extend him. I know cap is tough to come by, but damn would he look good in a Canucks jersey for years to come. He's also got that really likeable character that makes you happy to have him. Like someone mentioned, he was the first Russian to condemn the Ukraine invasion and has no fear of representing Pride stuff. Like, have you seen him blow up Darnell Nurse? Zadorov throws such beautiful hits.

1 minute ago, Déjà Vu said:

reading flames twitter they feel they got fleeced lol, love it

Ya. I think the issue, and why Flames jumped at this is cap. We didn't need them to retain. We shipped no cap back, we had the cap space. Only so many teams can offer that. Like very, very few. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

w640xh480_GettyImages-1174807529.jpg.563455184c0e4d6dddc16cf9e63c3383.jpg

Thing is Huggy don’t need a dad anymore, he’s got a Hronek now. This move allows us to keep them together as our top pairing. No way I want to see them split up.

As much as I love Tanev, we have our grizzled vet in Cole, he replaces what Tanev brought…maybe not completely but enough that it’s not worth having both I think. 

I would however love to bring Tanev back home in the off-season when we can slide him under our cap better. Because who knows where Cole goes after this season.

Don’t worry my dude. You may still get your wish!

12 minutes ago, Billabong said:

Where are all the Allvin haters at now? I can’t quite hear you anymore 

Say What Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

watta W for the Canucks 

maybe he isn’t the “perfect fit” but he brings some meanness and size to a our team for 2 mid round picks 

His skating is very very good as well.  Goes end to end all the time.