[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

5mil feels like a pretty gross overpayment imo. 4mil at the most. Which is slightly more than he's making now. Dude is similar to Soucy. A fringe top 4 guy. If he wants 5mil. Let him hit free agency. A 3rd and a 5th for a rental isn't the worst thing in the world.

And plus, he has friends on this team. If he wants to be part of that, he's got to be realistic. He's not a 5 mil a year D, just as Myers isn't a 6 mil a year D. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We retain $2, a 3rd team retains another $2 (at almost no actual money with how his desk is structured)... Countless examples the last few years.

Too complicated...

In any event, FYI, as per Rick Dhaliwal, Patrik Allvin will be signing Ethan Bear to a one year one-million-dollar contract in the next couple of weeks...

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Happy to see Zadorov as a Canuck. He was actually on my "wishlist" so to speak.

Between this and the Beau trade, this feels weird. Like... I feel we're supposed to be getting destroyed in deals... yet we're not....

Feels like we are in a different universe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'd guess that Zads gets signed for the money that Myers has gotten, and hopefully Myers signs for a bit less than Zadorov is currently getting.

win/win.

Can't see zadorov getting 6 mil. Points still matter in what you get paid. He's strictly physical and a decent defender. He makes 4.3 right now. My guess is 5 and term will get him easily

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Between this and the Beau trade, this feels weird. Like... I feel we're supposed to be getting destroyed in deals... yet we're not....

We got obliterated in that Kravtsov trade. Dude, a 7th rounder. Imagine what could have been. And Lockwood, a guy the team we traded him too didn't even qualify. We got so worked over. :hurhur:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Coyotes are looking to add, doubt Crouse is available given he's great value for them on that deal

Konecny might be available though 

Konecny - Pettersson - 

- Miller - Boeser

Maybe im getting carried away but that would be insane to build around, especially with Miller and Boeser playing so well.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Too complicated...

In any event, FYI, as per Rick Dhaliwal, Patrik Allvin will be signing Ethan Bear to a one year one-million-dollar contract in the next couple of weeks...

Not that depth is ever a bad thing to have, but assuming we do sign Bear and everyone gets healthy, who's the odd man out? Cole?

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Bear

Soucy Myers

Cole

Either way, that's as much depth as I've seen on our blueline since our President's trophy days  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Either way

Great options for Tocchet 

Hughes 

Cole

Soucy 

Zadorov 

That's the LD right now.. 

Lots of options.. so much depth 

Now they'll sign Bear and make RD better..

I agree Zad will likely line up on the left side for now, but when Soucy is back, he'll probably switch to rd

30 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Now let’s somehow add Bear as a depth signing and we will have a legit playoff calibre backend 

I think we aim higher than Bear.  I think we are a legit top 4 D and a legit top 6 winger away from being a real threat.  I also think Allvin can make that happen.  Bear doesn't move the needle enough.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

At the trade deadline he would fetch a 2nd round at a very minimum. The fact we got him for a 3rd, and a bag of pucks, along with getting those extra 40ish games with him is a steal to say the least. Hopefully he puts a few of his ex mates through the boards Saturday night!!

• Cheers 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Not that depth is ever a bad thing to have, but assuming we do sign Bear and everyone gets healthy, who's the odd man out? Cole?

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Bear

Soucy Myers

Cole

Either way, that's as much depth as I've seen on our blueline since our President's trophy days  

Bear is not top 4 imho...he's a 6/7 on a good team.

Rather see cole or soucy in the top 4

Not to mention Bear won't even be ready till late April at best. He's not signed, still rehabbing so a few months away. Then has to step in when he's out of shape, etc. He won't have played since the Worlds (April) and won't be able to just step in. He's at best depth for the playoffs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Bear

Soucy Myers

Cole

I think we'd be wise to rotate Myers and Bear depending on the opponent. With Myers getting most of the games. Cole has been our 3rd best D-man all year imo. I don't see them scratching him for Bear.