[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Unfortunately because of Petey's extension, I think this is the real best window for a championship for the next few years til Lekkerimaki and Willander hopefully reach or exceed their potential. We haven't seen a single team win the cup with an 11mil player, and Petey many expect to make 12mil. And with the rising OEL buyout cost. I sadly think this really is our buyer window. As for extending Zadorov. We have 9mil in cap from Myers and Cole alone. Petey will eat at least half of that. We'll see where Hronek sits.

But I don't think Zadorov will get much more than he is already making. 3.75mil feels pretty fair for what he brings. Since we can already fit his deal, re-signing him for 4mil would be pretty easy. Just depends on if he tries to chase the bank in the offseason. Not sure too many teams are lining up to give him more than 4mil though tbh.

Also show Petey this team is committed to competing now (as well as rebuilding the farm).  Can't see how could not be an incentive for him to re-sign.  

And if he ends up as rental, its a cheap price in terms of picks (I'm normally a person who actually wants to accumulate picks but I'm not going to lose sleep over a 3rd a few years down the line & a 5th).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Happy to see Zadorov as a Canuck. He was actually on my "wishlist" so to speak.

Between this and the Beau trade, this feels weird. Like... I feel we're supposed to be getting destroyed in deals... yet we're not....

Me too, before he signed with Calgary.

• Vintage 1

Holy Crap !! I came here cringing and puckered expecting to see a 1st having changed hands or something ( Benning tings ) but god damn this is a steal of a deal, even if he is just a rental - loved the added sauce of screwing over TO. 

Shocked they traded him to us and a division rival at that for that price. Tho they probably owe us one for Tanev/ Toffoli / Marky. 

Someone working on that statue of Alvin yet - we gonna need it at the rate this guys keeps making killer trades.  

Also huge statement made in supporting the core !! 

• Cheers 4

Will be interesting to see how the D core meshes once Soucy is healthy.  

Myers has been playing better but I still see sequences where he doesnt execute well on subtle plays leading to more DZT.  

Plenty of game left before TDL though so we will see.  

Edited by Tofu_Bud
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Canucks NEW management came in with a cap strapped team and a defence of;

Quinn Hughes

OEL

Tyler Meyers

Luke Schenn

Brad Hunt

Travis Harmonic

Tucker Poolman

Kyle Burroughs

Olli Juolev  

While in short time with no excuses of a cap have transformed it to 

Quinn Hughes

Filip Hronek

Carson Soucy

Nikita Zadorov

Mark Friedman

Matt Irwin

Ian Cole

Tyler Meyers

Huge win when especially with lack of league trading and not selling the future or present

No excuses of a cap? The cap hit on the OEL buyout is the real cost of it all. It made almost all these new trades and signings possible in the first place.

Great work regardless. 

• ThereItIs 1

Zadorov is big, hits hard, good skater and net front cleaner---however he is not a 'fighter', with a max of 3 in a season, over his entire career.

look at him as a guy that will fight, but not that often.

Which is fine

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/18055

2023-2024 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2022-2023 Regular SeasonFight Card2

2021-2022 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2020-2021 Regular SeasonFight Card2

2019-2020 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2018-2019 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2017-2018 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2017-2018 PreseasonFight Card1

2016-2017 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2015-2016 Regular SeasonFight Card3