[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

43 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

This changes the whole make up of our team.  No more getting pushed around and are stars getting bitch slapped by other teams.  Does he fight too?

His most recent two fights:

Good ragdolling, a couple good connections, looking to undo the opponents helmet...seems like he can..but will he?  (2023/11/22) ^

Good Jerseying technique, gets some uppercuts in, refs break it up early. ^ (2023/02/28)

So only one fight this season so far, one way back in February too. 

Averaging 2 or 3 a year...shrug, i like my hockey players on the ice playing hockey rather than in the sin bin anyhow.

• Cheers 1

Oh man, opposition better keep their heads up. 

Cole already hits like a truck but I bet we see Myers and Soucy play more aggressively now as well. 

Myers has it in him and has made some big ones over the years (Duncan Keith hit)

I bet we start stepping up and hitting more now. 

The entire team will start playing tougher I bet. 

Great move. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

His most recent two fights:

Good ragdolling, a couple good connections, looking to undo the opponents helmet...seems like he can..but will he?  (2023/11/22) ^

Good Jerseying technique, gets some uppercuts in, refs break it up early. ^

Thanks for that, hopefully auditioning for a contract and a chance to stay with the Canucks will motivate him to want to make a great impression and crush people left and right and defend our stars’ honour with gusto!

• Like 1

“Cap space is king. Unfortunately, the Maple Leafs didn't have enough of it to close the deal on Nikita Zadorov. Luke Fox has more on Leafs' pursuit of the defenceman and on the state of their blueline.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/cap-tight-maple-leafs-unable-to-close-deal-on-zadorov-despite-making-offer/

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Canucks NEW management came in with a cap strapped team and a defence of;

Quinn Hughes

OEL

Tyler Meyers

Luke Schenn

Brad Hunt

Travis Harmonic

Tucker Poolman

Kyle Burroughs

Olli Juolev  

While in short time with no excuses of a cap have transformed it to 

Quinn Hughes

Filip Hronek

Carson Soucy

Nikita Zadorov

Mark Friedman

Matt Irwin

Ian Cole

Tyler Meyers

Huge win when especially with lack of league trading and not selling the future or present

Allvin is starting to rival the great Pat Quinn already. What he's managed to do, given the constraints / benning's mess he had to clean up, is nothing short of remarkable. Particularly in a league where deals are very hard to make due to cap, and at the same time he hasn't sold out our future.

So this is what a good management team look like! Ha!

Also note, players start taking notice. They see a focused management team, a great coaching staff, and ownership who's fair with pay. Vancouver will be a place players will want to play again, which is good for our free agents and attracting others.

GCG!

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, billydakid said:

Allvin is starting to rival the great Pat Quinn already. What he's managed to do, given the constraints / benning's mess he had to clean up, is nothing short of remarkable. Particularly in a league where deals are very hard to make due to cap, and at the same time he hasn't sold out our future.

So this is what a good management team look like! Ha!

Also note, players start taking notice. They see a focused management team, a great coaching staff, and ownership who's fair with pay. Vancouver will be a place players will want to play again, which is good for our free agents and attracting others.

GCG!

That’s probably why Zadorov  came here instead of Toronto for any other destination

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Cole already hits like a truck but I bet we see Myers and Soucy play more aggressively now as well. 

Myers has it in him and has made some big ones over the years (Duncan Keith hit)

Great move. 

Now EP can concentrate on scoring than being our smasher 😉

We will see team toughness for sure i am expecting

Even more so from guys who were expected to do it themselves will be pleased

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Great move. 

Myers does but I think he's stopped because he always gets called for a penalty...same issue Tryamkin had...its ridiculous but it seems he now just forces players to the boards now vs punishing....sadly that's how bad refs are

• Cheers 1

I love the move

BUT, in saying that

He gets paid 3.5 million for a reason, and that is what he signed for, most clubs would have offered less.

Yes he is a big body, but is a depth 5/6 type player, does he take Hroneks place, I doubt it, and even if he does, Hughes will need to be more careful with the big guy along side.

Again, good signing! Just don't expect a incredibly skilled dman

13 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Zadorov is big, hits hard, good skater and net front cleaner---however he is not a 'fighter', with a max of 3 in a season, over his entire career.

look at him as a guy that will fight, but not that often.

Which is fine

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/18055

2023-2024 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2022-2023 Regular SeasonFight Card2

2021-2022 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2020-2021 Regular SeasonFight Card2

2019-2020 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2018-2019 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2017-2018 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2017-2018 PreseasonFight Card1

2016-2017 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2015-2016 Regular SeasonFight Card3

2014-2015 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2013-2014 Regular SeasonFight Card1

2012-2013 PostseasonFight Card2

2012-2013 Regular SeasonFight Card2

The only reason he is not a fighter is because the rest of the league goes out of their way to avoid a fight with him.  😆

Watch the scrums after the whistle... whenever Big Z appears... the opposing players melt away.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Allvin’s only flaw on this one… not getting him 1 day earlier so he could beat the crap out of Stone tonight. 

Seriously enjoy the aggressiveness of JR and PA to address issues immediately, and most thought JR was too old for the job while PA was just his puppet. Zipped up well now you doubters!! 🤐

Canucks looking more and more like serious contenders thanks to these 2!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2