[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not as sold on him as others, not sure he's actually a top 4 guy, but I'm not gonna complain. That's a helluva price even if he only amounts to being a third pairing guy. 

The best thing I like about his game is he's hard-hitting and intimidating to play against. Which obviously we need. Somebody said he scored 14 last year, fair enough. I mainly want D who can play D, and hard to play against. 

I think working with Gonchar and Foote will help immensely. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Phil Di Giuseppe and Noah Juulsen for Lawson Crouse?  is that an overpayment or can Allvin get a better deal?   😉

I know your on a roll Petey, but you’re high as giraffe pussy if you think that deal brings Crouse in…he’s having a hell of a season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If someone's going to call me out on every trade thread, I'm going to offer an explanation.  What Rutherford has done to the franchise is unforgivable.

Lol ok then.. keep digging. 

You must be Jesus Christ himself to think you are in a position to throw shade at Tocc or JR after the careers they've had and how quickly they have turned around the majority of this fan base.

Now get off your pedestal before you fall to your senses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just saw this now, OMG the Bald Brigade does it again! They know how to address needs without screwing the team.

Beau and a 3rd, in 2026??? LARCENY!!!

Plenty of time to recoup that 3rd, not even a priority.

Un-be-fuck-ing-lieve-able!!!

Welcome Zadorov, this is getting fun!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That eats up all our cap space, wonder if this means we're out on Bear. Not that I'd be disappointed, I'd just run with our own depth guys. 

Should still have room. Bear isn't going to command a tonne, especially prorated.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

I know your on a roll Petey, but you’re high as giraffe pussy if you think that deal brings Crouse in…he’s having a hell of a season.

Sean Walker would be ideal. RHD top 4 mins. Rock solid stats defensively, 2.65mil cap hit. 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

The best thing I like about his game is he's hard-hitting and intimidating to play against. Which obviously we need. Somebody said he scored 14 last year, fair enough. I mainly want D who can play D, and hard to play against. 

I think working with Gonchar and Foote will help immensely. 

He did, it's the only time he's topped seven goals in a season though so I'm looking at it as more of a high benchmark than a norm. 

He provides some size on the back end, we'll see how he does defensively. 

Not sure he's necessarily a top 4 guy but he's probably just fine as a bottom pairing guy. He'll get a chance to show what he is, hopefully management take a longer look at him as a Canuck as opposed to rushing to hand him an extension. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Lol ok then.. keep digging. 

You must be Jesus Christ himself to think you are in a position to throw shade at Tocc or JR after the careers they've had and how quickly they have turned around the majority of this fan base.

Now get off your pedestal before you fall to your senses. 

Only pure souls make it past Heffy’s stringent standards. 

• ThereItIs 2

Allvin had some advantages here (that he made himself by trading Beau). 

Calgary might be sellers and have other players they'll need to sell.

Those players will require retention - there are a max of 3 retention slots.

The Canucks were also probably the only team with space at this point in the season. Zadorov also wanted out.

Good on Allvin for seizing this opportunity to get a dman for cheap.

Canucks still have $2+ million in cap space free so we can still sign Bear if he wants to return. Trading Myers may be an option at the deadline. Don't thing Bear will sign here to be the 7th dman.

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Zadorov

Soucy-Bear/Myers

• Upvote 2