[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Should still have room. Bear isn't going to command a tonne, especially prorated.

Yeah, but suddenly we have Myers, Hronek, and Zadorov who can play RD. Not sure Bear is much of an improvement on Juulsen, Irwin, or Friedman. All the other depth guys have been playing regularly this season. 

RD suddenly doesn't look like it really needs much more.

2 minutes ago, tas said:

Thanks for the link, already read that. It says it “sounds” like Huggy would want him back. But does not actually provide any hard evidence. This is just a fluff piece anyways.

I don’t deny Hughes loves Tanev, but he honestly doesn’t need him on his line anymore. Hronek is way more dynamic with him. 

Once again not against bringing Tanev back for the right price next season. But I can’t see it happening this year cap wise. Calgary wants too much for him.

40 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What happened to Calgary not wanting to trade with Vancouver??

I love this move, I was very concerned about overpaying for Zadorov but I've always loved his game.

Having him as a #4 or #5 when healthy will be fantastic, we could use his size & snarl.

Being able to send out his entire cap hit without taking any cap back, that's what changed 

Sets Calgary up for more moves

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why would you? This is a great acquisition. 

You betcha it is. Great value, solid player.

I just get the sense he's being seen as more than a #4-5 type guy, and I'm afraid people will be disappointed if they're expecting more than that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He did, it's the only time he's topped seven goals in a season though so I'm looking at it as more of a high benchmark than a norm. 

He provides some size on the back end, we'll see how he does defensively. 

Not sure he's necessarily a top 4 guy but he's probably just fine as a bottom pairing guy. He'll get a chance to show what he is, hopefully management take a longer look at him as a Canuck as opposed to rushing to hand him an extension. 

I agree. I'm not sure he's top 4 and I wouldn't be in a mad rush to extend him. 

I hope he does us proud. And if he does, the re-sign him. (So far, I like the way this management group is dealing with Cap, so we'll see how that turns out with Petey and Hronek needing to be signed.)

He's got a lot of support here with his agent, teammates and Gonchar. 

I wish him the best. 

So just to recap:

1/ PA has Bedard's mom (from VanCity no less) slip something into Perry's beer to make him go all goof-ball

2/ As expected, CHI releases Perry and now is in need of a forward

3/ PA calls CHI-town just to see if, possibly, they "might" be interested in a forward on the cheap

4/ Takes newly acquired capspace and lands a d-man who basically only wanted to play here anyways (Benning...are you watching how this is done?) for pennies on the dollar

5/ Final step will be to eliminate the evidence...so...sorry Mrs. Bedard but...does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Thanks for the link, already read that. It says it “sounds” like Huggy would want him back. But does not actually provide any hard evidence. This is just a fluff piece anyways.

I don’t deny Hughes loves Tanev, but he honestly doesn’t need him on his line anymore. Hronek is way more dynamic with him. 

Once again not against bringing Tanev back for the right price next season. But I can’t see it happening this year cap wise. Calgary wants too much for him.

just let me work my magic.

they didn't want to retain on zadorov so they can with tanev. they could get a tasty piece.

• Cheers 1