[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, but suddenly we have Myers, Hronek, and Zadorov who can play RD. Not sure Bear is much of an improvement on Juulsen, Irwin, or Friedman. All the other depth guys have been playing regularly this season. 

RD suddenly doesn't look like it really needs much more.

Bear isn't probably going to get signed until January. There will be injuries etc.

Closer to the TDL (Jan/Feb), if you can move Myers with some retention, that also frees up a roster spot.

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If someone's going to call me out on every trade thread, I'm going to offer an explanation.  What Rutherford has done to the franchise is unforgivable.

It's OK to change your mind 

People change their mind on all sorts of things....

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Zadorov even has a cool nickname. Big Z. Come on. At least it's not another nickname that just adds Y or S to the end of their name.

yeah cool, way to use the same nickname that someone else way more famous than you already used very publicly for 2 decades. 

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You betcha it is. Great value, solid player.

I just get the sense he's being seen as more than a #4-5 type guy, and I'm afraid people will be disappointed if they're expecting more than that.

Even if he’s a 4, that’s a solid pickup. You don’t grab a top 4 dman for picks in a couple years from now. That pick could be ‘gotten’ back with other moves. 

This is a huge win, if we re-sign him and he plays like the monster that he is. 

I bet other fan bases are pissed and I love it. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

So can we just give Allvin the GM of the Year award right now?

Swoops in like a vulture when the Black Hawks are in turmoil and takes advantage of them.

Then 1 day later swoops in when the Flames are in turmoil and takes advantage of them.

That folks is 3D chess.

Screenshot_20231130_163045_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1