[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, but suddenly we have Myers, Hronek, and Zadorov who can play RD. Not sure Bear is much of an improvement on Juulsen, Irwin, or Friedman. All the other depth guys have been playing regularly this season. 

RD suddenly doesn't look like it really needs much more.

For real? Bear played fine with Hughes last year and was easily one of our 4 best defensemen. Juulsen has been cratched for large chunks, Freidman started strong and fizzled out of the lineup, and Irwin never even cracked the roster to start the season.

Bear is a massive upgrade on the current depth pieces the Canucks have.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

The best thing I like about his game is he's hard-hitting and intimidating to play against. Which obviously we need. Somebody said he scored 14 last year, fair enough. I mainly want D who can play D, and hard to play against. 

I think working with Gonchar and Foote will help immensely. 

Russian connections too. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I think Myers stays, he's overpaid for what he is but he's good depth. Even if he's bumped down to 5D that's suddenly a 5D who can step up and play top 4 in the event of injuries. 

I'm also of the opinion that there's a good chance Myers would be willing to extend at a lower rate. 

you could afford a tanev and a bear for same price as a myers. 

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I really, REALLY hope we can extend him. I know cap is tough to come by, but damn would he look good in a Canucks jersey for years to come. He's also got that really likeable character that makes you happy to have him. Like someone mentioned, he was the first Russian to condemn the Ukraine invasion and has no fear of representing Pride stuff. Like, have you seen him blow up Darnell Nurse? Zadorov throws such beautiful hits.

Canucks could have 32.5 mil in cap space next year.

11 mil x 4 to Petey

7.5mil  x8 to Hronek

Can sign Zadorov to 5 mil easily and bring back most of the key players this year and still have a few million in cap space. And I don't know if Zadorov would even command 5 mil. Maybe more like 4.5 aav

Very plausible

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even if he’s a 4, that’s a solid pickup. You don’t grab a top 4 dman for picks in a couple years from now. That pick could be ‘gotten’ back with other moves. 

This is a huge win, if we re-sign him and he plays like the monster that he is. 

I bet other fan bases are pissed and I love it. 

For sure.

It's a good trade, I like the player. We gave up very little for a legit dman.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That eats up all our cap space, wonder if this means we're out on Bear. Not that I'd be disappointed, I'd just run with our own depth guys. 

Can’t see Bear getting much more than league minimum for 1 year. I bet he signs as well 

Just now, Bob Long said:

So what other teams are in distress that Allvin can deal with?

Garland must clench every time his phone pings.

Need to trade for Crouse or Konecny now. Put them on a line with Pettersson. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Zadorov going public with a trade request is the biggest reason Allvin got him cheap.. 

If CGY wasn't pushed to move him sooner they would have held on to him until TDL and md got a lot more in return. 

This is why JR and PA are great. When you have an opportunity you gotta make it count. They did just that with this...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think Myers stays, he's overpaid for what he is but he's good depth. Even if he's bumped down to 5D that's suddenly a 5D who can step up and play top 4 in the event of injuries. 

I'm also of the opinion that there's a good chance Myers would be willing to extend at a lower rate. 

I'm not going to be sad if he stays... But Bear can also be a 5th D who can fill in the top 4, at ~1/6 the cap. Freeing up space to make additions elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'd guess that Zads gets signed for the money that Myers has gotten, and hopefully Myers signs for a bit less than Zadorov is currently getting.

win/win.

You think Zadorov gets 6M? I guess we'll see

But yeah, I could see Myers back at 2-3M

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

phil kessel hockey GIF

Let's goooooooo

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

For real? Bear played fine with Hughes last year and was easily one of our 4 best defensemen. Juulsen has been cratched for large chunks, Freidman started strong and fizzled out of the lineup, and Irwin never even cracked the roster to start the season.

Bear is a massive upgrade on the current depth pieces the Canucks have.

Yeah, but our D was garbage last season, I didn't think as highly of him as some others do

See him as more of a 5-7

And he'd be coming in cold, having not played since last season, at least the guys we have already have been getting reps in

1 minute ago, tas said:

you could afford a tanev and a bear for same price as a myers. 

Tanev would be fine 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m more than happy to get rid of Myers. Bear/Jewels plus a TDL dman would be SO much better. 

Get rid of the crazy giraffe! 

With the way Myers is playing. i would not be moving him. Hes been top 30 in the league in the large majority of defensive statistic. His 60%dZS would be hard to replace and get the same results. Myers is a keeper right now, moving him would only hurt the back end.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

Probably already stated - but can't wait until Foote and Gonchar get to work with big Z, and love the cost which is substantially below my expectations from a division rival - amazing work

Was thinking the same. They are going to turn him into a defensive monster, outside of his punishing hits

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

You think Zadorov gets 6M? I guess we'll see

But yeah, I could see Myers back at 2-3M

Let's goooooooo

Yeah, but our D was garbage last season, I didn't think as highly of him as some others do

See him as more of a 5-7

And he'd be coming in cold, having not played since last season, at least the guys we have already have been getting reps in

Tanev would be fine 

load up. this team's backend is never healthy. go for a run this year. 

strike while the iron is hot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1