[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

Just now, billydakid said:

Canucks could have 32.5 mil in cap space next year.

11 mil x 4 to Petey

7.5mil  x8 to Hronek

Can sign Zadorov to 5 mil easily and bring back most of the key players this year and still have a few million in cap space. And I don't know if Zadorov would even command 5 mil. Maybe more like 4.5 aav

Very plausible

5mil feels like a pretty gross overpayment imo. 4mil at the most. Which is slightly more than he's making now. Dude is similar to Soucy. A fringe top 4 guy. If he wants 5mil. Let him hit free agency. A 3rd and a 5th for a rental isn't the worst thing in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Who exactly is going to take on Myers at a $6 million cap hit?  Only way you can move him is if we retain $3 million.  Even then, it's not a slam dunk...

We retain $2, a 3rd team retains another $2 (at almost no actual money with how his desk is structured)... Countless examples the last few years.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Zadorov going public with a trade request is the biggest reason Allvin got him cheap.. 

If CGY wasn't pushed to move him sooner they would have held on to him until TDL and md got a lot more in return. 

This is why JR and PA are great. When you have an opportunity you gotta make it count. They did just that with this...

It’s like the stats aligned for this steal if a deal to happen. Flames need to move out a disgruntled top four D. No interested club has cap room to take him. Perry fiddles around with (?) and gets canned. Chicago needs a top line winger. We trade them BeauV with no retention and get a pick! That cap space and pick are used to get Z. Great job by Allvin, but damn the stars sure aligned. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not going to be sad if he stays... But Bear can also be a 5th D who can fill in the top 4, at ~1/6 the cap. Freeing up space to make additions elsewhere.

A fair argument, I'd prefer to stick with Myers though as he's a guy who has historically been a top 4D

Put him in a 5D position and manage his minutes better and he probably continues to look good out there 

Myers also contributes size that Bear doesn't, along with his other positive traits, he helps make our D the largest it's been in ages

Edited by Coconuts

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers 

OR

Hughes Cole

Zadorov Horonek 

Soucy Myers 

Tocchet could flip the top 2 pairing depending on in game situations and what's needed at any given moment..

That's a great D there. Big fast physical check all the boxes...

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers 

OR

Hughes Cole

Zadorov Horonek 

Soucy Myers 

Tocchet could flip the top 2 pairing depending on in game situations and what's needed at any given moment..

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Cole Zad

That's my guess

Just now, Bob Long said:

It's sad what Benning has done to our trade expectations 

Our trade expectations have always been bad. I know we are laughing at Calgary, but I vividly remember a lot of us thinking we'd get a 1st rounder or two 2nds for Schenner. Lol. Fans always overrate the cost of their assets.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's sad what Benning has done to our trade expectations 

Yeah but Alvin is on a tear. He better quite while he's ahead. This is basically a free player. The 3rd is so far out there, its irrelevant 

No more "we could still use another defensman" talk. We were borderline spoiled before this trade. We are officially spoiled now.

Edited by Blue
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, but our D was garbage last season, I didn't think as highly of him as some others do

Our goaltending was by far the biggest problem, it was garbage. Absolutely trash. Goaltending made the D look bad almost every night.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s like the stats aligned for this steal if a deal to happen. Flames need to move out a disgruntled top four D. No interested club has cap room to take him. Perry fiddles around with (?) and gets canned. Chicago needs a top line winger. We trade them BeauV with no retention and get a pick! That cap space and pick are used to get Z. Great job by Allvin, but damn the stars sure aligned. 

Of course millstein loves us!

• Cheers 1

What a solid trade. Hopefully a deal can be worked out with Zad to stick around long term if the fit is good. Still gotta sign Hronek and Petey too. 

Still got a little money left, can grab Bear for cheap at Christmas for more D depth. Maybe add to the bottom 6 forwards as well if needed or if a taker for Garland comes along closer to the deadline. 

Good job Nucks. 

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Cole

Soucy Myers 

OR

Hughes Cole

Zadorov Horonek 

Soucy Myers 

3 guys at least 6'5"

4 guys > 200+ lbs 

Mobility and Size weve been waiting for (not to mention elite point production from the "smaller" guys )

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Cole Zad

That's my guess

Either way

Great options for Tocchet 

Hughes 

Cole

Soucy 

Zadorov 

That's the LD right now.. 

Lots of options.. so much depth 

Now they'll sign Bear and make RD better..

7 minutes ago, Agkr3w said:

be Nasty, garland and a 1st im good lets go!

Ya.

I still think Podkolzin is going to be good for this team. This is what I want to see.

Crouse/Konecny - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Willander