[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

Wonder if JR or PA have some dodgy pictures of Flames management...

What a freaking trade.

Can't believe how quickly he acts, when the opportunity arises...

PA... 'Do we need a tough top 4 D?'.... Hold my beer...

Somewhere over in Russia Tryamkin is sitting with big eyes watching Canucks building a mini Russia here in Vancouver...

Brilliant move. If it doesn't work out, he is gone in the summer...risk free...

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I'm just not a big fan of Zadorov at this point.  He was an exciting up and coming prospect and I wanted us to make a run at him, but he gets out of position way too much chasing after big hits or trying to make offensive plays. 

I'll be happy to be wrong. 

I agree he can be an adventure 

But if this coaching staff can calm down Tyler Myers to an acceptable level then I think the same can be said with big Z

The question is how coachable is he? We will find this out fairly soon at least. 

If his game evens out then I can see us signing him to a 2-3 year contract. If he doesn’t then we do a 1 year show me or let him walk.

The potential pay off is pretty big if all things play out well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Alvin you madman, turning on my phone to see this is just a treat. D core got much tougher to play against and shocked that Calgary didn't ask for at least a 2nd.

Nobody has any cap room so prices are low. We are learning this now so it's not shocking anymore.

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Nobody has any cap room so prices are low. We are learning this now so it's not shocking anymore.

To top it off, traded to your rival Canucks, and making them better. Pretty sure Conroy had instructions to get him out asap, deal with the downfall later. 

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still need one more bonafide top 4 20+ minute guy but that will probably have to wait till this offseason at least.

Zadorvov brings elements we lack and have missed since Schenn left. 

This is a good move. I would probably extend Zadorov. 

Yeah best bet is to resign Z and either user Myers expiring cap space to get a legit star D player OR

Re-sign Myers to 2.5-3m and re-sign Z and use Cole's expiring contract and savings from Myers to get another D

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

The way our management works, you may not have to wait till the offseason. The way Rutherford hates waiting till the trade deadline, you may not have to wait till then either.

Procrastination is not in Rutherford's vocab, and he is teaching Alvin that to.

Unless they can manage to trade one of Myers or Garland I don’t see us having the cap this year. 

The cost to move those two may be too much to warrant. Myers is 6M and Garland has term. They are not like Beau who’s value is much better. Trying to find a deal without retaining might be difficult. 

Cap is premium right now. Having it was the reason we were capable of making this move. You can find decent, good value players, particularly expiring players, without overpaying.

I remember him well.  I'm not gonna say a word....lol  🙊

To be fair to him though, he can be physical and the price was very well negotiated by the front office.  If he can bring his physicality to the Canucks in the playoffs this year, he'll be worth the extra 3rd rounder.  That's where he will earn his money.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

while I agree and am happy to see that on the roster, more than a few of those are penalties now and possibly even suspensions.  That said, I am hoping to see some bog hits, just clean ones

I noticed that as well, Stawns.  Hopefully Gochar/Foote can work on that with him. 

Got to keep those elbows down and lighten up when shoving a guy's numbers though

the boards. He sure doesn't have to put much effort into knocking guys down, though.

They seem to go flying after a light bump.

12 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I'm just not a big fan of Zadorov at this point.  He was an exciting up and coming prospect and I wanted us to make a run at him, but he gets out of position way too much chasing after big hits or trying to make offensive plays. 

I'll be happy to be wrong. 

Well, you’re wrong. Z is a top four D and a steal at the price Allvin paid. Not every trade for a D will bring us the best player on the other club and a top five Dman in the league like Hronek. 

12 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Nope these guys played together on the Russian U-20 national team. Que more rumours of reunification. Twin Gorky towers baby!!!

DEFENSEMEN
#5 9.png Alexei Bereglazov (D) 29 1994 Magnitogorsk, RUS 6'4" 209 L VHL
#4 9.png Ilya Lyubushkin (D)Anaheim Ducks 29 1994 Moskva, RUS 6'2" 201 R KHL
#7 9.png Kirill Maslov (D) 29 1994 Voronezh, RUS 6'1" 192 R MHL
#22 9.png Andrei Mironov (D)   “A” 29 1994 Moskva, RUS 6'2" 207 L KHL
#8 9.png Nikita Tryamkin (D) 29 1994 Yekaterinburg, RUS 6'8" 258 L KHL
#6 9.png Valeri Vasilyev (D) 29 1994 Moskva, RUS 6'2" 223 L KHL
#16 9.png Nikita Zadorov (D)Vancouver Canucks 28 1995 Moskva, RUS 6'6" 236 L OHL

Oh FFS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Sign Bear and Kessel now:

Mikheyev - Petey - Kuz

Garland - Miller - Brock

Hog - Suter - Kessel

PDG - Blueger - Lafferty

Aman 

JOSHUA?

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Zadorov

Cole - Myers

Bear

Demko

DeSmith

Breaking up our best line so we can insert a "Beer Leaguer" who nobody else wants? Good one. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I remember him well.  I'm not gonna say a word....lol  🙊

To be fair to him though, he can be physical and the price was very well negotiated by the front office.  If he can bring his physicality to the Canucks in the playoffs this year, he'll be worth the extra 3rd rounder.  That's where he will earn his money.

Hope the Sabres make the playoffs Sf1.

• Thanks 1