[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

36 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I'm just not a big fan of Zadorov at this point.  He was an exciting up and coming prospect and I wanted us to make a run at him, but he gets out of position way too much chasing after big hits or trying to make offensive plays. 

I'll be happy to be wrong. 

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You won’t be wrong. 
But, in terms of what he brings overall, his positives outweigh his negatives in terms of club necessity for any additions.  People focus on his negatives but for a big man with some wheels, offensive skill set and defensive grit, he’s an ideal add - warts and all. 

There was an interesting comment Allvin made on 650 the other day talking about how Tocchet's system & that the way he wants to play makes them think they can find guys who might provide more value in here than they've shown elsewhere.

I'm not sold on Zadorov as a top 4 guy either but I do think he really fits with how they want us to play, and physically he has a ton of desirable tools. I'm excited to see what he can do here & how this coaching staff can help maximize his game.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I was talking about where the poster wanted to add Phil Kessel and break up our best line of late of Garland/Blueger/Joshua

Well, you had Garland bolded. 

And you mentioned why would you break up our first line with a beer leaguer. 

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Too complicated...

In any event, FYI, as per Rick Dhaliwal, Patrik Allvin will be signing Ethan Bear to a one year one-million-dollar contract in the next couple of weeks...

Not complicated at all. Has happened on numerous trades the last few years.

Yup, signing Bear makes it easier to move Myers.

Just now, BornMello said:

I must say, when i saw the trade announced on my phone my PBSD kicked in and i was like "no no no no no no, what was it for", hoping that it was Hogs or our 1st. FIrst thing i said was "THATS IT!!??". Which is the same ive been saying for their last few trades. This new management is absolutely killing it!

Excellent me too

• Cheers 1

Wowzers. Didn't expect this at all. I know there was talk and more talk about this but, wow...........just wow! PA doesn't f*ck around man.  And we didn't have to give up any of the roster to get Zads. So.........................a few queries.......

- He's an RFA at the conclusion of this season, yes?

- And Zads $3+mil salary is pro rated for the rest of the season?

- So what's our actual cap situation after factoring Zads cap?

- Can we assume we're still interested in RHD Bear!

- Do we need another scoring winger?

I'm all for what's going on regarding making moves to strengthen our roster. But what exactly is the plan.....To go all in for a Stanley Cup run, or just be a playoff threat to the Avs, Knights, Flames, Oilers and I guess the Kings. What say you!

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not sure Bear is in the teams plans now. Unless he takes a shave on his salary.

40 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I tried to explain in another topic to some who wanted Bear and Kessel. Kessel is a "Hell No" and Bear is pure "Depth" in case say a Hronek or god forbid Hughes goes down for a spell. 

Zadorov is what we needed and what we got, it should be obvious to them by now.

30 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Sign Bear and Kessel now:

Mikheyev - Petey - Kuz

Garland - Miller - Brock

Hog - Suter - Kessel

PDG - Blueger - Lafferty

Aman 

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Zadorov

Cole - Myers

Bear

Demko

DeSmith

25 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Breaking up our best line so we can insert a "Beer Leaguer" who nobody else wants? Good one. 

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Well, you had Garland bolded. 

And you mentioned why would you break up our first line with a beer leaguer. 

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. 

I also bolded Blueger as well and added Joshua because he had taken him out of the line up. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hope the Sabres make the playoffs Sf1.

Thanks, but this year, not a chance... I had hopes that they would buck the odds of their youth and inexperience, but so far, they are inconsistent.  One night they beat down a top team and then the next night they lose to a mediocre one.

Half of the team is still learning the NHL game, including the rookie projected to be wunderkind goalie, Devon Levi.  This being Levi's rookie year, Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen has chased him away and down into the AHL.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, BornMello said:

I must say, when i saw the trade announced on my phone my PBSD kicked in and i was like "no no no no no no, what was it for", hoping that it wasnt Hogs or our 1st. FIrst thing i said was "THATS IT!!??". Which is the same ive been saying for their last few trades. This new management is absolutely killing it!

Me too. Thought for sure it'd include a 2nd.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Holy Crap !! I came here cringing and puckered expecting to see a 1st having changed hands or something ( Benning tings ) but god damn this is a steal of a deal, even if he is just a rental - loved the added sauce of screwing over TO. 

Shocked they traded him to us and a division rival at that for that price. Tho they probably owe us one for Tanev/ Toffoli / Marky. 

Someone working on that statue of Alvin yet - we gonna need it at the rate this guys keeps making killer trades.  

Also huge statement made in supporting the core !! 

He is better than replacement but not the second coming of Jovocop. On the ice for 12 against in 21 games in CGY and only netted one himself, but that could change in our fast paced high octane system 

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

the only way this could be any better is if he was on a plane at noon to get here from Calgary for the game tonight.

There is still a ceiling to this player , ad that’s why he has been disgruntled in Calgary..  

The fact Gonchar and Foote are here is going to bring the best in this player.

He is engaged, and has the confidence to move swiftly with offensive breakouts and contribute .

He plays a “natural” trailer position that forwards on this team will love .

His shot is pretty slick and deceptive.

… no need to go on about his physical prowess,.  but he can be a “game changer” in that regard to tough battles.

Hope this becomes a longer term fit for Nik,

Perhaps our Russian contingency / comrades help with that . 

Let’s all send Dan Milstein another gold star!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1