[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Beauty !!

Man leave ‘politics’ and the other ‘stuff’ out of sports… 

The whole point of sports is to escape from the craziness of the world… And enjoy something ‘other’ and ‘lose yourself’ for a brief moment…

Good grief - keep it out of sports…

give us a rest…

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

Wow.

I'm not in the Zadorov is some awesome god camp - I remember where he was passed over at times by other teams - but he will help our second/third pairings.

And at that price? As a pending UFA? On a divisional rival? Wow.

I'll worry about next season in the summer. Just get Petey signed.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Darius said:

how do we get that guy?

Petey needs a bigger  winger that can win board battles and contribute when fed passes

I have no idea.  I’m assuming IF Arizona agrees to trade him we would need to send back a 1st round pick, Podkolzin and maybe another prospect and a roster player.

If Allvin plays chess with Arizona maybe we can get away with Akito Hirose and a 3rd round pick in 2029….  😊

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not complicated at all. Has happened on numerous trades the last few years.

Yup, signing Bear makes it easier to move Myers.

We aren’t trading Myers my friend.  If we sign Bear he will be our 7/8 D for now.  He can replace Juulsen and or Friedman.

Myers will be needed in the playoffs.  He’s a big body who will be solid on the 3rd pairing…

1 hour ago, billydakid said:

Nobody is expecting that I don't think. But what we are getting is a reliable defensive dman who can skate and is very physical...just what we needed. I think you are being a but unfair though. He's a #4 defensive partner not depth.

I will give you a 4/5 if the moon aligns...I just want people to be careful.of their expectation, that is all.

28 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Didn't Cole play with Zadorov with the Avs? Maybe the expectation is to reunite them. We've got 2mil space left according to capfriendly meaning we still have space to sign Bear.

Hughes.    Hronek

Zadorov    Cole

Soucy       Bear/Myers

Friedman  Myers/Bear 

Other teams either have to deal with the best D pair in the league or 200+ lbs absolute behemoths. That's got to be the best D we've had since we made a run at the cup.

Did they? Were they good as a pairing there? Cole-LHD, Zads-LHD. Will RT go with Lefy/lefty?

$2mil huh.....Do you think PA wants more cap to do something else of significance?

Yea. We're definitely bigger for sure. Lovin' it!

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

He is better than replacement but not the second coming of Jovocop. On the ice for 12 against in 21 games in CGY and only netted one himself, but that could change in our fast paced high octane system 

Uhmmmm.......A better replacement???!?!?!??? For who? Our LHD Bris and Wolanin are injured, so.......Irwin?!?!?!??!

As mentioned below, I'm sure Gonch and Foote will set things right with Zads and get him with the program. I'm not worried.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

the only way this could be any better is if he was on a plane at noon to get here from Calgary for the game tonight.

There is still a ceiling to this player , ad that’s why he has been disgruntled in Calgary..  

The fact Gonchar and Foote are here is going to bring the best in this player.

He is engaged, and has the confidence to move swiftly with offensive breakouts and contribute .

He plays a “natural” trailer position that forwards on this team will love .

His shot is pretty slick and deceptive.

… no need to go on about his physical prowess,.  but he can be a “game changer” in that regard to tough battles.

Hope this becomes a longer term fit for Nik,

Perhaps our Russian contingency / comrades help with that . 

Let’s all send Dan Milstein another gold star!

Is the bolded above a quote from someone of note? Well, whether it is or not, it gives me a positive feeling that we got a substantial piece for our team. I don't know much about this guy, but his size is a plus! If he has glitches in his game well, as mentioned above, the D coaches will put the kibosh on that for sure.

29 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Here’s the new goal song.

Sure. I like this suggestion. There's a dance that goes along with this too isn't there? I mean, this is a staple wedding reception song, just like YMCA and the Chicken Dance!

• Like 1