[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

22 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Wow.

I'm not in the Zadorov is some awesome god camp - I remember where he was passed over at times by other teams - but he will help our second/third pairings.

And at that price? As a pending UFA? on a divisional rival? Wow.

I'll work about next season in the summer. Just get Petey signed.

That's me as well, I'm not a big fan of Zad, but that's a can't pass up deal.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I will give you a 4/5 if the moon aligns...I just want people to be careful.of their expectation, that is all.

The only reason he was bottom pair in Calgary was they had Weeger and Hanafin ahead of him. No one expects him to put up points. Its about playing the role Tanev did for us, defensive top 4. Not suggesting he's as good defensively as Tanev but he adds size and physicality to make up for it.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Why would Calgary do this?  That's nothing for him, surely they could have got more.

I'm not a huge fan of NZ, he's pretty slow and he's a borderline top 4, but it certainly adds depth.

Interesting to see if he's a rental

Cap space. Didn't need to retain because the Canucks had the cap to fit him in

Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Cap space. Didn't need to retain because the Canucks had the cap to fit him in

Agreed, but surely they could have been more patient and found a better deal.  Not complaining, it's just a little baffling

Canucks have been desperate for a while to play a  heavier game. I see Zedorov as a 2nd/ 3rd pairing type who can play up the line if injuries occure. Big and mean, other teams will not like when hes on the ice because he is great at finishing checks

I see it like 

Hughes Hronek 

Zedorov Cole 

Soucy Myers 

Wolanen / Brisebois - Friedman/ Juulsen / Mcward 

Edited by Rypien-Punch

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We aren’t trading Myers my friend.  If we sign Bear he will be our 7/8 D for now.  He can replace Juulsen and or Friedman.

Myers will be needed in the playoffs.  He’s a big body who will be solid on the 3rd pairing…

It's inefficient cap. If you can move him and use it more efficiently, you do.

You know, I fully admit I was super skeptical of JR and AL, I'm pleasantly shocked on how they've done and approached D in a way we need especially against bigger teams, signing Laffy, you know some grit that can actually chip in and make opposing think twice before cheap shots at our stars or even touch a puck against a hard forecheck in anticipation of getting hit hard!  

Much like our 2012 roster actually but we didn't have depth to finish, but it seems to me management is listening to Toc who likes a tough roster because he knows from experience that the post season is BRUTAL! 

I just read and watched this vid, omfg! YES PLEASE! 

Shades of Tryamkin!!! 

This is exactly what we need, just enough to balance us out and depth will get us a lot closer and perhaps moving ahead the dial to our window in the next 2 years but if this keeps up, it just might not just be another one and done! 

I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a Zadorov hit!! 

I live this trade! 

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Man leave ‘politics’ and the other ‘stuff’ out of sports… 

The whole point of sports is to escape from the craziness of the world… And enjoy something ‘other’ and ‘lose yourself’ for a brief moment…

Good grief - keep it out of sports…

give us a rest…

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Politics and sports have been intertwined since the days of Gladiators. Stop regurgitating ignorant right wing nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1