[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

You know, I fully admit I was super skeptical of JR and AL, I'm pleasantly shocked on how they've done and approached D in a way we need especially against bigger teams, signing Laffy, you know some grit that can actually chip in and make opposing think twice before cheap shots at our stars or even touch a puck against a hard forecheck in anticipation of getting hit hard!  

Much like our 2012 roster actually but we didn't have depth to finish, but it seems to me management is listening to Toc who likes a tough roster because he knows from experience that the post season is BRUTAL! 

I just read and watched this vid, omfg! YES PLEASE! 

Shades of Tryamkin!!! 

This is exactly what we need, just enough to balance us out and depth will get us a lot closer and perhaps moving ahead the dial to our window in the next 2 years but if this keeps up, it just might not just be another one and done! 

I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a Zadorov hit!! 

I live this trade! 

Only reason we even have to do this trade is because Tocchet can't coach a proper defensive structure. 

I'm sorry to say this but Zad isn't going to fix the Canucks problem. Personally I think he makes them worse. This is a move of desperation 

4 hours ago, Cluminati said:

Allvin’s only flaw on this one… not getting him 1 day earlier so he could beat the crap out of Stone tonight. 

Seriously enjoy the aggressiveness of JR and PA to address issues immediately, and most thought JR was too old for the job while PA was just his puppet. Zipped up well now you doubters!! 🤐

Canucks looking more and more like serious contenders thanks to these 2!

Looks like Alvin still has his work cut out for him… After tonight

They might have to move Petey and get some more toughness up front - he’s too weak or something- the guy falls down way too much

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not complicated at all. Has happened on numerous trades the last few years.

Yup, signing Bear makes it easier to move Myers.

I don't see the reason so many want to sign Bear; dime a dozen d-man for almost $2m/yr; too small; too soft...what the heck?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

They might have to move Petey and get some more toughness up front - he’s too weak or something- the guy falls down way too much

Brother you lost me here.He is still over point per game.

11 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I'd be down for that, and not just bcoz of his recent play. I've been watching this team since the beginning, and I have seen dozens of great players come and go, so I don't get attached to players anymore. I get attached to Stanley Cups though, so whatever the means are to justify that outcome, so be it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

I don't see the reason so many want to sign Bear; dime a dozen d-man for almost $2m/yr; too small; too soft...what the heck?

I agree with your broskie!!! I rather have Julesen play for us. Sorry if I spelt his name wrong. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I'd be down for that, and not just bcoz of his recent play. I've been watching this team since the beginning, and I have seen dozens of great players come and go, so I don't get attached to players anymore. I get attached to Stanley Cups though, so whatever the means are to justify that outcome, so be it.

how does one get attached to something that one has never had? 

39 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

I agree with your broskie!!! I rather have Julesen play for us. Sorry if I spelt his name wrong. 

One look at Noah Juulsen and you can tell he wouldn't care if you spelled his name incorrectly.

Did you see the hits he laid out against Vegas tonight?  Guy is solid.  Broskie?  Well, I never.

8 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

Wow So hard to make a trade in the NHL now

BUT

Out of the 10 trades since Sept, Canucks management has been in on 5 !

Outstanding work without crippling us now or in the future

I think Allvin has put quite a few final nails in the Benning coffin now.

Rest in peace 😇

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Depth that you don't have to trade assets for. Also, since he's coming back from a long-term injury (and was only worth maybe $2M before that) he can probably be had for around $1M. Would you not take him over Friedman and Juulsen?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Depth that you don't have to trade assets for. Also, since he's coming back from a long-term injury (and was only worth maybe $2M before that) he can probably be had for around $1M. Would you not take him over Friedman and Juulsen?

Nope; not that I know of; that's why I asked what do people see in Bear?

He would have gotten thrown around tonight against Vegas; what good is that?

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Because he could be free RHD depth with no term?

We will have injuries.

He gives lots of flex with Myers with the deadline coming up.

Myers is resign or trade or hold for a playoff push.

I think you are undervaluing Bear and what he did as a Canuck.

Hes is >>> then Friedman, Juulsen and you could argue Myers.

He paired very well with Quinn Hughes too.

There are very few RHD in the NHL that are top 6 NHL calibre and Bear is 1.

Hughes-Hronek/Bear/Cole/Zadorov

Its nice to have options:

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Cole

Soucy-Myers/Bear

Brisebois-Bear/Myers

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Because he could be free RHD depth with no term?

We will have injuries.

He gives lots of flex with Myers with the deadline coming up.

Myers is resign or trade or hold for a playoff push.

I think you are undervaluing Bear and what he did as a Canuck.

Hes is >>> then Friedman, Juulsen and you could argue Myers.

He paired very well with Quinn Hughes too.

There are very few RHD in the NHL that are top 6 NHL calibre and Bear is 1.

Hughes-Hronek/Bear/Cole/Zadorov

Its nice to have options:

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Cole

Soucy-Myers/Bear

Brisebois-Bear/Myers

Thanks. Seriously, thanks.  I am trying to come to grips with the hype.

What did he do for the Canucks that I am undervaluing?

Playing well with Quinn Hughes is like saying you got an assist playing with Gretzky though.

I remember him not being able to gain the blue line, not being able to hold the blue line, and getting pushed aside quite easily.

Nice guy but you know where they finish.  I'd much rather have a bruiser back there.

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

You are not wrong in your observation of his inability to stay on his feet. He is dealing with something right now and I worry its something more serious he's playing through. Hope he gains his health and strength back. When he's healthy he is pretty unstoppable.

Not a player the team is going to trade though.