[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

22 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Zadorov even has a cool nickname. Big Z. Come on. At least it's not another nickname that just adds Y or S to the end of their name.

22 hours ago, tas said:

yeah cool, way to use the same nickname that someone else way more famous than you already used very publicly for 2 decades. 

He could be Big Zed. This is Canada Eh.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Explained this yesterday. We retain $2m, a 3rd team retains another $2m for a mid-late pick. With the way his deal is structured, it will only be a couple hundred K of actual salary for them. Playoff team adds him for $2m prorated cap.

Voila, $4m in cap space (and possibly even a meagre asset in return).

Then go use that $4m space to add a "Crouse" or a "Zub".

And even then, a #6/7 RHD at the TDL isn't going to cost $3m in cap.

Bear + cap space/opportunity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Myers

We'll have to wait and see what happens. 

I don't think we want to down grade from a Myers to another "Friedman" and pay assets in order to move Myers out and another "Friedman" in..

We're attempting to upgrade not downgrade our D especially the RD. 

I think we add Bear and the D is set for this year.

We work on getting a top 6 forward by trying to move Garland + +

Instead of paying to move Myers cap then paying for a 6/7 D its better to add those assets to a Garland package for a top 6 forward and really make a legit offer...

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Any updates on when Z will play? Kinda hoping he sits tomorrow. Don't like the idea of his first game being in Calgary against his old team. That could make for a very bad situation. 

For whom?What will Flames do?Chase him?Can cost them.

7 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Any updates on when Z will play? Kinda hoping he sits tomorrow. Don't like the idea of his first game being in Calgary against his old team. That could make for a very bad situation. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have him dress against Calgary before we have to play against an NHL team?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently Leafs are now targeting Tanev.

Friedman reporting it on 32 thoughts. 

They wanted Zadorov but couldn't make it happen without CGY retaining on Zad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tanev signs here as UFA in summer.

Myers out as UFA and Tanev in at around $3.5 million on a 2 year deal. 

its going to cost them their 1st and a prospect, if cowtown is retaining. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Justi listening to

Doug MacLean with Kipper

Apparently CGY owner choked at Treliving for quitting in CGY and then going to TML as GM

He doesn't want to help Treliving in any way hence no ZAD trade to TML

WoW

I think that's another reason we got Zadorov.  

So many stars aligned its unbelievable. 

maybe they'll flip us Tanev for Myers and a 4th, given the kind of mood they are in. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its going to cost them their 1st and a prospect, if cowtown is retaining. 

If Tanev goes east (Toronto) he definitely won’t last until the playoffs,  and again be a player needed on the active roster , lost to injury.

Personally I don’t think the Leafs have been,or will be in a position to upgrade D core, without a large sacrifice of a performance forward. (Marner / Nylander).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bear doesn't really free up Myers.  The point to getting Bear is to add depth to the right side.  By trading Myers you are doing the opposite and are forced to use Friedman/Juulsen in the playoffs.  Ideally, you sign Bear and then are 7 deep.

Hughes    Hronek

Zadorov   Cole

Soucy      Myers

Bear

Also, Bear is coming off a serious injury, so I highly doubt he will be more effective than Myers.  Myers in the playoffs is exactly what we need to go up against Vegas.

If Allvin is targeting a top 6 winger, then he most certainly is going to look for an opportunity where he can fleece the other team.  As for moving cap, Garland would be the ideal player to move to acquire cap space.  That way we get him off the books next year too.  

I actually envision re-signing Myers to a 2 year deal at around $2-2.5 million.  That's enough time until Willander is ready to take his place.  We probably go out and get another RHD in the summer as well.  Someone who's an upgrade on Bear/Friedman/Juulsen to play with Zadorov...

Bear at the league min would be a great add at this point.   As for the rest, at this point think you and Allvin should get a room.   That's two big deals so far lol. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Bear at the league min would be a great add at this point.   As for the rest, at this point think you and Allvin should get a room.   That's two big deals so far lol. 

I see it. Bear has a lot to prove and probably only so many teams interested. Apparently really loves being in Van. He's worth one million tops in my opinion. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently Leafs are now targeting Tanev.

Friedman reporting it on 32 thoughts. 

They wanted Zadorov but couldn't make it happen without CGY retaining on Zad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tanev signs here as UFA in summer.

Myers out as UFA and Tanev in at around $3.5 million on a 2 year deal. 

allvin should slip in and poach tanev, then bend treliving over a barrel for myers, then sign bear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Oh ya. Tuch is pretty much untouchable in my opinion. 

At least for 2 more years.  After his contract is up he'll want a sizable raise from his current 4.75M and if the Sabres don't keep the cap space open, I'm sure he could be persuaded to go elsewhere for a nice bump in his pay.

After they get rid of Olofsson and Jokiharju though, they should be fine with cap space as long they don't make a long term free agent splash signing.

If the Sabres play it smart, they'll use band-aid vets for at least next year while the kids grow up and call up the prospects from Rochester as needed.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

At least for 2 more years.  After his contract is up he'll want a sizable raise from his current 4.75M and if the Sabres don't keep the cap space open, I'm sure he could be persuaded to go elsewhere for a nice bump in his pay.

After they get rid of Olofsson and Jokiharju though, they should be fine with cap space as long they don't make a long term free agent splash signing.

If the Sabres play it smart, they'll use band-aid vets for at least next year while the kids grow up and call up the prospects from Rochester as needed.

Sabres are a tire fire. The should keep Tuch and Benson and Piwer. Rebuild sound those guys. The need to dumperoo the craperolla that is Dahlin. He has value right now. 

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Zad makes Bear unnecessary. Juulsen and Wolanin can bring up 7-8

Save that money toward a power forward. A good power forward would be an upgrade on PDG. 

Thing is Bear could very well be a two year deal, someone who has a future with the team and he very well did until he got injured. One addition at one position doesn't have to mean another is off the table. Contrary to what some people are saying the team is not at the level where they need to push for one or two more pieces to be contenders. Long way to go with this group still but should get into the Playoffs this season and have some good pieces that could equal Playoff success.

• Like 2