[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like Garland's game, he has good bite and doesn't back down from anyone.

Anderson is bigger, faster, harder to play against, and tougher. Allvin would make that trade every day of the month. Garland id pretty much useless. We must cleanse our club of the Benning stains. 

• Like 2

Just now, EdgarM said:

I would prefer the more balanced approach as well. I think both Hronek and Hughes need to play with a partner with a bit more snarl, a Stevens/Neidermayer or a Pronger/Neidermayer approach? Would Hronek be able to sustain with Soucy next to him? 

Would like to see a pair who have offensive threat with an ability to shutdown a McDavid or a McKinnon to boot.

Even a Cole/Meyers could carry the same offensive/defensive ability in a limited role.

I like how we have the ability to play whatever type of game our opponents want to play now. I am thinking there would be a few players in the league who must think about a big hit coming from Zadorov. I like that idea might be rolling around in their head when they enter the Ozone. :classic_biggrin: 

Come on McDavid, just come flying in , full speed , and see what happens............:parrot:

Love this post. And we’d see a dead McWhiner Baby. It’s going to awesome seeing other teams players dead in the ice after being killed by Z. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Zad makes Bear unnecessary. Juulsen and Wolanin can bring up 7-8

Save that money toward a power forward. A good power forward would be an upgrade on PDG. 

I said that before we acquired Hronek too, many thought we were resigning Bear. We have two smaller offensive dmen, thats enough. If they get injured, then he becomes relevant, other then that , he is just a depth player, period.

2 hours ago, Baratheon said:

If you aren’t dealing with Hughes/Hronek then you’re dealing with perhaps the most physically intimidating bottom four in the league.

I think I can live with this! 😎

And even Juulsen at 6'2" is a midget who hits Iike a truck

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like Garland's game, he has good bite and doesn't back down from anyone.

Many of us like his game..

Problem isn't his game the problem is his salary/cap hit..

He costs $5 mill cap. If he was $2 mill he'd be fine. 

At $5 mill he needs to be a top 6 scorer not a 3rd liner small guy with bite.. 

That's why no one will take him off our hands even for free.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Actually even at 2 mil Garland is useless. Benning stain. Cleanse us. 
For us to take the next step Garland has to be gone. He’s just a terrible player.

17 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Zad makes Bear unnecessary. Juulsen and Wolanin can bring up 7-8

Save that money toward a power forward. A good power forward would be an upgrade on PDG. 

3rd pair Zadorov  Bear would be good. That's what we need. Legit NHLers not AHL bubble guys. 

Lots of teams will make offers on him. If we can sign him to a $1 mill deal it's a no brainer we should sign him.. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Anderson is bigger, faster, harder to play against, and tougher. Allvin would make that trade every day of the month. Garland id pretty much useless. We must cleanse our club of the Benning stains. 

The team likes what Garland brings to the table, he is not as effective as he needs to be in a bigger role he thinks he should be playing but where he fits right now is working. 

The team moved off a redundant forward and flipped assets to turn a 4m per year winger into a 4m per year 4/5 defenseman as it was a need the team needed and continues to need to add to.

I don't think the Canucks are in a position to really push for a power forward, they seem to have determined they have a full NHL compliment of forwards when healthy and several others in Abby knocking on the door. Vancouver I don't think is motivated by what some are suggesting as going in to add that one final piece, they are nowhere near there yet. Anderson would not be a piece that fits with what they are doing here.

The team is in no rush nor under any pressure to try and flip or change up their forwards too much more than they need to. The Beauvilier and subsequent Zadorov trades were a thing of beauty ( can throw Lafferty and DeSmith deals in there as well, heck the Horvat/Hronek trade too ) and the kind of proactive and shrewd deals that gets the league talking, PA & JR's peers taking notice. It was a clean combination of business to address team needs and upgrade the teams overall depth.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The team likes what Garland brings to the table, he is not as effective as he needs to be in a bigger role he thinks he should be playing but where he fits right now is working. 

The team moved off a redundant forward and flipped assets to turn a 4m per year winger into a 4m per year 4/5 defenseman as it was a need the team needed and continues to need to add to.

I don't think the Canucks are in a position to really push for a power forward, they seem to have determined they have a full NHL compliment of forwards when healthy and several others in Abby knocking on the door. Vancouver I don't think is motivated by what some are suggesting as going in to add that one final piece, they are nowhere near there yet. Anderson would not be a piece that fits with what they are doing here.

The team is in no rush nor under any pressure to try and flip or change up their forwards too much more than they need to. The Beauvilier and subsequent Zadorov trades were a thing of beauty ( can throw Lafferty and DeSmith deals in there as well, heck the Horvat/Hronek trade too ) and the kind of proactive and shrewd deals that gets the league talking, PA & JR's peers taking notice. It was a clean combination of business to address team needs and upgrade the teams overall depth.

Garland must go. He’s craperolla. Eat a pick or even salary retention. But get him gone! 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

But as much as we say that and the Friedman's on 32 thoughts will regurgitate it, the league itself is full of these types of players on every roster. Agents are good at their jobs and GMs can be their own worst enemies and everyone thinks player valuations are based on the last contract signed by the last guy who got X goals or X points etc and it inflates round and round.

Vancouver having Garland and Myers both serviceable NHLers on higher AAV's is better than other clubs misfit contracts and thus as much as we argue Garland at 4.95m is an overpay its really not compared to so many other problem contracts around the league, we just assume if he's not already at 15 points and seeing top six that 4.95m is too much, its subjective and manufactured and people spend way too much time looking at those numbers. 

16 minutes ago, Mac said:

Ridiculous lol.

Garland is the guy creating all the chances in the bottom six. 

all the chance and no finish. he can create all the chance in the world.. it means nothing if they dont convert any of them... he's paid to put up points.. not paid to create chance but not converting.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Chi might take him if we cough up another 2nd and a prospect like d-petey. 

I think Chicago would but I'll put my trust in JR and PA not to do anything close to do something like that. 

I think they'll strike when the time comes and manage to get it done without having to pay a huge price. 

Hopefully it's a package deal for a top 6 forward. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thing is Bear could very well be a two year deal, someone who has a future with the team and he very well did until he got injured. One addition at one position doesn't have to mean another is off the table. Contrary to what some people are saying the team is not at the level where they need to push for one or two more pieces to be contenders. Long way to go with this group still but should get into the Playoffs this season and have some good pieces that could equal Playoff success.

the path isn't always long and linear. sometimes it's broken up and meteoric.

this team has juice. they're sagging a bit currently but even the best teams do. boston just lost 3 in a row. 

after the bubble, did you think the team would be a challenger in 3 or 4 years? I did. just because it's been a gong show along the way doesn't mean that isn't the case.