[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

On 11/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, Chronic.Canuck said:

Has anyone shared the don't touch my goalie clip 0:45 in? This is the kind of guy you know will not take any shit while he's on the ice.

Freaking Bam Bam over here

That was all in just one game... 

He doled out more punishment in just 1 game than many players do in a whole season.  

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tank said:

small guys like Garland will be easily get crushed in playoff. sad but fact.

What we need for the playoffs is HEART. Size helps, but if there’s no heart behind any of the talent, it doesn’t mean shit.

Garland delivers it in spades and if playoffs will likely still draw penalties even when/if the whistles are put away. If we can improve on output for his cap hit through trade, then sure, otherwise he’s an asset. Just overpriced. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What we need for the playoffs is HEART. Size helps, but if there’s no heart behind any of the talent, it doesn’t mean shit.

Garland delivers it in spades and if playoffs will likely still draw penalties even when/if the whistles are put away. If we can improve on output for his cap hit through trade, then sure, otherwise he’s an asset. Just overpriced. 

I think you nailed it there.... Tocc has tried Garlund with Petey and Kuz but that never really meshed. With the size of Miller and Brock I think that little mouse would manage to squirl away alot more assists. Guy gets the puck off the boards but needs a Boeser waiting for it at the quarter or at least knows JT is going deep alone

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think you nailed it there.... Tocc has tried Garlund with Petey and Kuz but that never really meshed. With the size of Miller and Brock I think that little mouse would manage to squirl away alot more assists. Guy gets the puck off the boards but needs a Boeser waiting for it at the quarter or at least knows JT is going deep alone

Yup. Garland is a waste of cap. Useless Benning stain. Just get rid of him. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He could be honest and just say he’s happy to get the hell out of Calgary and live in Vancouver. Obviously one city is a sh*t hole and the other is paradise. 

Calgary isn't bad actually.  

Edmonton and Winnipeg are hard to live in but Calgary is pretty nice..

Last couple of times I was there I couldn't believe the amount of development. 

Nice clean city actually.  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Calgary isn't bad actually.  

Edmonton and Winnipeg are hard to live in but Calgary is pretty nice..

Last couple of times I was there I couldn't believe the amount of development. 

Nice clean city actually.  

Nice city and almost affordable. But they have the Flames.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We got one... Wait for Podz.

For this season tho, we want Podz to overcook rather than rush his way in. I like how he’s developing in Abby and id rather he be a superstar there before he gets his call up again. 

I saw a Blues fan suggest Garland, Lekk, and a first for Buchnevich. Cap is about a wash but that feels like a phenomenal type of move for us. Here for this season and next

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually Calgary is a SH*T HOLE. Yes those other cities are sh*t holes too, but Calgary might be worse. Loser city with loser fans. Anyone who lives there is beyond stupid. Move, before it’s too late. 

What about Toronto and your favorite team the Leafs.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Garland is a waste of cap. Useless Benning stain. Just get rid of him. 

Garland is a great third line guy. Forechecks hard, gets under the oppositions skin, draws penalties, chips in offensively. 

He’s definitely paid too much for what he brings to this team though. Should be around 3.25-3.5. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Dizzle said:

Garland is a great third line guy. Forechecks hard, gets under the oppositions skin, draws penalties, chips in offensively. 

He’s definitely paid too much for what he brings to this team though. Should be around 3.25-3.5. 

Garland is a 1-2 per player. Benning screwed us. Love to see Allvin clear our Garden Gnome off the cap. 

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

Should be around 2.25 

• ThereItIs 1