[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Should be around 2.25 

3 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Garland is a great third line guy. Forechecks hard, gets under the oppositions skin, draws penalties, chips in offensively. 

He’s definitely paid too much for what he brings to this team though. Should be around 3.25-3.5. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Should be around 2.25 

sorry for the redundancy but maybe he is worth exactly what we have him locked in for.....

But instead of playing both the 3 and 4th lines he should be with Millar and Brock.

I mean what is that, you are all saying 2nd line? JT and Boeser are the first line. Petterson can drive the second for sure, but MIk and Kuz are the perfect linemates for Petey. So call it what you will, try that 4.5 million dollar asset with JT and Brock for more than a few Beuax games. and then worst case scenario we can dump for a 5th pick with no retention, and get Auston Matthews from Toronto cause they cant afford that shit

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Should be around 2.25 

played 182 games with the Canucks and put up 105 points. That’s just shy of 50 points a year. 

Realistically… those are probably 2nd line numbers (although I really don’t like Garland as a top 6 guy). I think it’s hard to say a guy like that isn’t worth at least 3. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Calgary isn't bad actually.  

Edmonton and Winnipeg are hard to live in but Calgary is pretty nice..

Last couple of times I was there I couldn't believe the amount of development. 

Nice clean city actually.  

Can't believe you've got me to say this.

But given a choice between Ontario and Calgary. I'd take Ontario. 

But I wouldn't want to live in Alberta at all. I spent about 3 weeks total visiting Calgary in the late 80's, early 90's visiting friends. I hated it there.

Probably the good side of Ontario is the Georgian Bay, Niagara-On-The-Lake areas.

I even didn't mind Montreal, its a very cosmopolitan city. Quebec City is beautiful, but if you don't speak French there they treat you like crap.

(I guess that's from all the US tourists?)

But I love it in BC. It's just getting harder and harder to afford. (Despite being born and raised here)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

played 182 games with the Canucks and put up 105 points. That’s just shy of 50 points a year. 

Realistically… those are probably 2nd line numbers (although I really don’t like Garland as a top 6 guy). I think it’s hard to say a guy like that isn’t worth at least 3. 

Thanks, a realistic point of view.

Imagine if everyone said ronning should be on the 4th.line cause he is short.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But I wouldn't want to live in Alberta at all. I spent about 3 weeks total visiting Calgary in the late 80's, early 90's visiting friends. I hated it there.

Probably the good side of Ontario is the Georgian Bay, Niagara-On-The-Lake areas.

I even didn't mind Montreal, its a very cosmopolitan city. Quebec City is beautiful, but if you don't speak French there they treat you like crap.

But I love it in BC. It's just getting harder and harder to afford. (Despite being born and raised here)

Damn, that was when I lived in Calgary, did nt I show you a good time? Electric Avenue? 

6 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Plus he never gets a sniff of pp time

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

True, true. and very true.

And you can afford it here? 🥴😵😬

Back to Zadorov

"I'm only 28 so I believe there's another four or five years of improvement because I haven't yet reached my goal and I think I'm not even close to finishing improving here. I think I can improve on a few particular [skating] things here."  😃   (Not just content to be in the NHL) Maybe a  long career, like the late bloomer Chara?

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nearly anywhere in Ontario is an improvement over Alberta. Except Hamilton, that town looks like the inside of a jail.

The only place I'd love in Berta is Canmore, because it looks like BC.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Big Z is awesome on the PK. It’s clear we will extend Big Z and (unless he will agree to a very cheap deal) let Cole walk. 

Cole is a filler until we have youth step in ,,,but if Zadorov is good on the PK,  it’s a big win 

Edited by Psb_08

Canucks should sign Zad to a 3 or 4 year extension right away..

He's a 4/5 D right now and 28 yrs old. I think our coaches can get the best out of him but even if he's stays where he is it's better to sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal and lock him up.

3.5 to 3.75 mill per year for 4 years. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Canucks should sign Zad to a 3 or 4 year extension right away..

He's a 4/5 D right now and 28 yrs old. I think our coaches can get the best out of him but even if he's stays where he is it's better to sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal and lock him up.

3.5 to 3.75 mill per year for 4 years. 

It'll probably be closer to 5 but we so badly need a guy like this it's worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Dont you think the Petey contract is going to just eat all that "cap going up" shit? And what about the OEL hit after next year?

I don't know. EP is working his way down from any 11 - 12 million dollar contract.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1