[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

11 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

318? 340? Or maybe just 225

She's a lover not a fighter.Slant six 225.

Gonna put dual carb, headers, dual exhaust on though and do a few more tweaks. You can get the slant6 to become a little powerhouse....kind of a cult engine.

I dont know how you quoted my post from the music thread and plopped it here though? haha.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Peteys  assessing his own worth this season for his new contract. His recent play doesn’t bode well for this 11 mil figure I’m reading about. It might turn into another horvat situation. He priced himself right off the team , given the pace he was on. Glad it was Lou lam that had to deal with that. The 2 things that worry me about Petey. The cost and his durability. Combined it could be a headache. 

Yeah that falling down(Bambi like) has been with him since he was a rookie, it is concerning that he has not gotten stronger by now. The tape on the wrist as well. Not crying out "I am a player ready to go to war" IMO.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yeah that falling down(Bambi like) has been with him since he was a rookie, it is concerning that he has not gotten stronger by now. The tape on the wrist as well. Not crying out "I am a player ready to go to war" IMO.

The Bambi thing is funny, because that's what I've thought as well, seeing his lanky legs crumple underneath him after a hit or lost puck battle. Petey seems to be more concerned with keeping his figure slim and svelte, rather than bulking up to "go to war". I mean, too much muscle weight and he would have to buy a whole new wardrobe and that's just unacceptable. 😁 

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The Bambi thing is funny, because that's what I've thought as well, seeing his lanky legs crumple underneath him after a hit or lost puck battle. Petey seems to be more concerned with keeping his figure slim and svelte, rather than bulking up to "go to war". I mean, too much muscle weight and he would have to buy a whole new wardrobe and that's just unacceptable. 😁 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt before because the Sedins had to go through that phase as well, but he should have improved by now. Hit the gym Petey and get a few steaks in ya! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

She's a lover not a fighter.Slant six 225.

Gonna put dual carb, headers, dual exhaust on though and do a few more tweaks. You can get the slant6 to become a little powerhouse....kind of a cult engine.

I dont know how you quoted my post from the music thread and plopped it here though? haha.

One of the best engines ever built. Very nice.

And I didn't even realize I posted it in here, and no idea how wtf haha.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

One of the best engines ever built. Very nice.

And I didn't even realize I posted it in here, and no idea how wtf haha.

I have a 383 big block I bought a long time ago but I am gonna sell it. 

Too much work to put it into the car and I dont care about it being a big hotrod anymore. Just gonna keep it sexy and classic.

Oh yeah...happy to have Zad here too, just to stay on topic 🙃

• Vintage 2

9 hours ago, TopCheese said:

If we trade garland we need to get a fwd back to replace him coming back not interested in picks 

I would expect it is more of an indirect trade. In the Summer, Garland for picks, Hogs gets promoted to the third line, PDG goes to the third/fourth and Mgmt looks to add a legit top six winger in trade or UFA.

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I would expect it is more of an indirect trade. In the Summer, Garland for picks, Hogs gets promoted to the third line, PDG goes to the third/fourth and Mgmt looks to add a legit top six winger in trade or UFA.

This management group (and coach) aren’t too interested in keeping Garland or Hogs. They know to win a club needs heavier wingers who play in straight lines and are smart. Garland is a pip-squeak. He’s got to go. Hogs would be okay but he process defensive reads too slowly. 

11 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Yeah, unless you’re making a hockey trade to better the team, why get rid of Garland now; he is one of our most consistent fwds. Looking at the team as it stands, our only real need is a good player with size in our top 6. Unless Garland gets us that return OR we need to jettison him like Beau to free up cap for such player, the team is better with him than without.

On that topic…man I wish 2021 Podz would re-emerge. What a disappointment he has been. Thought he was going to be a staple with Miller long term after their chemistry in 2021. Wonder what his issue has been ( minus the injury off the cheap shot in fall).

Edited by BC_Hawk

10 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

My guess too..

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yeah, unless you’re making a hockey trade to better the team, why get rid of Garland now; he is one of our most consistent fwds. Looking at the team as it stands, our only real need is a good player with size in our top 6. Unless Garland gets us that return OR we need to jettison him like Beau to free up cap for such player, the team is better with him than without.

On that topic…man I wish 2021 Podz would re-emerge. What a disappointment he has been. Thought he was going to be a staple with Miller long term after their chemistry in 2021. Wonder what his issue has been ( minus the injury off the cheap shot in fall).

I just think he is a "nice guy", who was put through the blender with high, and albeit wrong expectations, and mentally he is his own worst enemy.

Hopefully the continued support will be a positive influence on him, and he figures it out, bcoz sooner than later I think that JR/PA, in their quest for continued improvement they may just move forward and punt him

41 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I think that's the thing. Not sure that management can add another top 6 this season. Might have to be in the off-season. Unless Höglander goes wild, and proves to be a legitimate top six player. 

41 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I enjoy watching how elusive Garland can be in the offensive zone, right up until I watch the release in his shot. I don’t understand how he hasn’t strengthened his shot yet.

• Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I just think he is a "nice guy", who was put through the blender with high, and albeit wrong expectations, and mentally he is his own worst enemy.

Hopefully the continued support will be a positive influence on him, and he figures it out, bcoz sooner than later I think that JR/PA, in their quest for continued improvement they may just move forward and punt him

I think so as well. I like Podkolzin, and I hope he does become a top six player for the team. But, I'm not sure if it'll happen. He might be a good third line guy, and that's about it. Feelsl like he's older, but he's only 22 years old. 

36 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I like that they are giving him time in the A. Hes got 6 goals and 10 points in 11 games with the baby canucks (would have much more if not for the head injury). Let him learn to play a top 6 role in the AHL and dominate. Then bring him up at the end of the year to play with Miller and Boeser. Could be the best deadline addition ever!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think so as well. I like Podkolzin, and I hope he does become a top six player for the team. But, I'm not sure if it'll happen. He might be a good third line guy, and that's about it. Feelsl like he's older, but he's only 22 years old. 

Well, if you have a 3rd liner who hits like a truck and scores around 15 + goals a year, we'll take it. 

That's his floor. 

Because he's only 22 and his work ethic, I believe he'll do better. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This management group (and coach) aren’t too interested in keeping Garland or Hogs. They know to win a club needs heavier wingers who play in straight lines and are smart. Garland is a pip-squeak. He’s got to go. Hogs would be okay but he process defensive reads too slowly. 

shades of Eddie Vedder and his BB6 infatuation. Borrrrrring

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

32 teams = 192 top-six spots, and Garland's 105 points in his time here is 124th among NHL forwards. His point production since he joined the Canucks is unquestionably 2nd line level. As a matter of fact his production is closer to first line numbers than it is to third line numbers. Anybody claiming he is only worth a couple million per year is being extremely unrealistic.

I personally don't care if he has second line numbers. He doesn't gel with other skill players because he doesn't see the whole ice surface and he's kind of a puck hog. As such he's ineffective in the top 6 and has really only started playing a useful role this last year. Just my opinion but I wouldn't sign him for much more than $4, or less without having proof he could succeed in a top 6 role. Just my opinion of course.