[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

10 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Well, if you have a 3rd liner who hits like a truck and scores around 15 + goals a year, we'll take it. 

That's his floor. 

Because he's only 22 and his work ethic, I believe he'll do better. 

Yeah, I hope so too! I hope he takes off offensively. His defensive game is pretty good, for a young guy. It's his offensive game that needs work and consistency. I hope he gets a few calls ups this year, to get a taste of the NHL again. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Too bad Soucy won't be back until January.  

I'm looking forward to seeing "NZK" on the team just as much as everyone else.  

But I'm also looking forward to seeing Soucy back and the whole D unit together and healthy. 

Same. Then you see what you really have to work with. Especially if they sign Bear too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boeser is really good though. He leads the league is scoring. He plays a heavy game along the walls and is trusted defensively. Garland is none of those positive things. 

When he wasn’t performing at his current clip, EV was all over BB6 like an obsession. Now he’s no where to be heard from regarding it. Kind of like you and LaFreniere, Byfield, etc etc etc.

That’s what it’s starting to sound like with you. Garland isn’t leading in any categories sure, but his play on the 3rd line has opened a lot of eyes as to his contribution and what it means to this club with a guy like Suter out. Garland isn’t ideal but he’s helping this team, your team, win. Maybe try and allude to that to. As a fan who watches and comments frequently, you should be well aware of this, but you keep rambling on this infantile, unappreciative diatribe that everyone is aware of, and perhaps making you look like a newbie fan who doesn’t know shit about the game. 

I know you are playing up a persona, but maybe take into account that your labelling of players is sometimes so far off base that it’s embarrassing and difficult at times to provide your opinion with the same respect or appreciation given to others. 

everyone knows what you think about Garland. It’s just redundant and immature to keep repeating it like a mantra. It’s becoming annoying. Do better.

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, RWJC said:

When he wasn’t performing at his current clip, EV was all over BB6 like an obsession. Now he’s no where to be heard from regarding it. Kind of like you and LaFreniere, Byfield, etc etc etc.

That’s what it’s starting to sound like with you. Garland isn’t leading in any categories sure, but his play on the 3rd line has opened a lot of eyes as to his contribution and what it means to this club with a guy like Suter out. Garland isn’t ideal but he’s helping this team, your team, win. Maybe try and allude to that to. As a fan who watches and comments frequently, you should be well aware of this, but you keep rambling on this infantile, unappreciative diatribe that everyone is aware of, and perhaps making you look like a newbie fan who doesn’t know shit about the game. 

I know you are playing up a persona, but maybe take into account that your labelling of players is sometimes so far off base that it’s embarrassing and difficult at times to provide your opinion with the same respect or appreciation given to others. 

everyone knows what you think about Garland. It’s just redundant and immature to keep repeating it like a mantra. It’s becoming annoying. Do better.

Or... Just put on ignore.  

17 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Nah, I love the personality on this site and enjoy Alf and his comments. I seem to always scroll up when I'm on a thread and I can always tell I'm reading Alfs comments without even seeing the top header. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I hope so too! I hope he takes off offensively. His defensive game is pretty good, for a young guy. It's his offensive game that needs work and consistency. I hope he gets a few calls ups this year, to get a taste of the NHL again. 

He was scoring prior to his "injury." 

And last I heard, he's playing real well after getting back. 

It looks like he's hit another level, and there's no way he won't be on the Canucks, later this year, or next. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

He was scoring prior to his "injury." 

And last I heard, he's playing real well after getting back. 

It looks like he's hit another level, and there's no way he won't be on the Canucks, later this year, or next. 

Pods is either on the big club next season or he’s on a different team, either via trade or he’s plucked off waivers. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Pods is either on the big club next season or he’s on a different team, either via trade or he’s plucked off waivers. 

There's no friggin' way he's going on waivers. He's on THIS team. It's not even an issue, except in your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Barn Burner said:

There's no friggin' way he's going on waivers. He's on THIS team. It's not even an issue, except in your mind. 

Agreed. Love Podzilla. Next season he will require waivers to be sent down. Hence he’s either on our team or a different team next season. He’s in the nhl for sure. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2023 at 10:24 PM, CanuckFanForever said:

Only reason we even have to do this trade is because Tocchet can't coach a proper defensive structure. 

I'm sorry to say this but Zad isn't going to fix the Canucks problem. Personally I think he makes them worse. This is a move of desperation 

Even if that were true. This move cost us less than what it took to acquire Linden Vey. It's not going to damage our long term prospects.

Depth is always good. If Zad can bring Myers ice time down to sub 20s and we don't over play him that alone is worth it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

New management has created internal competition for spots. Pods is up against some other young wingers. Bains looks really good. Aman too. 

I would take Podz over either of those two, any day. 

And, I do like them both, so I wish them well. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Agreed. Love Podzilla. Next season he will require waivers to be sent down. Hence he’s either on our team or a different team next season. He’s in the nhl for sure. 

In a ideal situation he replaces Garland next year for a nice little 3. Something million cap relief. Maybe even this deadline if there's a trade available. Would be smart to have the space ready for the Petey/Hronek resigns!

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Chon derry said:

TSN asking this question ?  How does zadorov going to van effect the leafs ? How ridiculous  is that ? Answer. It makes the Canucks better , and nothing to do with Toronto. TSN :picard:

I hate you for making me watch over 50 minutes for TSN people to consider the Canucks for like 3 minutes of consideration. They mentioned Luke Schenn more than twice as much as Zadorov.

We are paying more for Zads than we paid Schenn...... 

5 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

In an ideal situation he replaces Garland next year for a nice little 3. Something million cap relief. Maybe even this deadline if there's a trade available. Would be smart to have the space ready for the Petey/Hronek resigns!

HE should be replacing PDG on the second line, with little to no impact on the cap.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

HE should be replacing PDG on the second line, with little to no impact on the cap.

There it is, Miller and Brock being the second line......

There has probably been alot of talk about Garlund getting put on the first line.... the problem is everyone who sees hockey plays is thinking JT Brock not Petey and Mik. Fuckin Province sports writers.

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Yeah I do too. Long been a supporter on CDC as well, as he can attest to. Went to bat for him and his opinions numerous times. He’s been one of my fave posters.

The problem I have is when people for whatever reason it is, can’t offer equity in their commentary. One of the reasons we win games is because we’ve had a lethal PP. Garland does his share in drawing penalties. He also does his share in zone play at both ends of the rink, enables puck possession that may afford offensive chances and at the very least enables effective line changes, he’s elusive ON THE BOARDS ( @Alflives ) and although JB signed him to a contract based on what his trajectory was appearing to be, he’s not being played in the same role as he was back then and will in effect not be as productive point wise. But his game has huge value to this club right now, and it bothers me when people ignore that completely so that they can just bust a nut spewing out their ego massage rhetoric. It’s not cool. What it is is someone who hijacks legit conversation just to draw attention to themselves or their pseudo celebrity status in this board. I find that insulting. 

Alf provides some excellent points at times, but this Garland hate, without some concessions and acceptance as to what he is actually providing this club, is tantrum like and annoying. Heard it enough times now, as has everyone, that it’s like Groundhog Day and a bit much. I don’t ignore opinions/posters because I don’t agree with them, and so just voicing my own opinion on what is become a redundant trend that seems quite self-serving in intent. 

just be fair and give credit where and when it’s due. That’s all 

To be fair. We all have opinions. for example I want to trade petterson to NJ for jack and Luke hughes. I bet even alf would do that

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I hate you for making me watch over 50 minutes for TSN people to consider the Canucks for like 3 minutes of consideration. They mentioned Luke Schenn more than twice as much as Zadorov.

We are paying more for Zads than we paid Schenn...... 

I never watched the vid  either all I did was read the thumbnail. That’s enough tsn bullshit for me. 

• Like 1